Page 11 of 26 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Why is the WKBGTA proposing a bag limit of 1 elk or 1 moose not both in BC

Re: Why is the WKBGTA proposing a bag limit of 1 elk or 1 moose not both in BC

[QUOTE=LBM;1955021]
    Quote Originally Posted by Ourea View Post

Interesting, calling people names doesn't really seem to help get them on board.
    But sounds like I thought, its a group that wants things there way similar maybe to back door dealings of the past.
    You sure don't seem to want to let out much about it just that some thing is happening.
    Hopefully it works out for you.
    The message is loud and clear.

All license revenue goes back to the resource.
    That's step 1.

Step 2.
    A tax is implemented on all goods, services and industry that derive revenue from the outdoors.
    Insulate the funding.

Pretty simple stuff.

The challenge is how will that revenue be poured back into the resource.
    Who makes the decisions.
    Who is the conduit.

That administrative arm needs to be removed from any one user group and highly qualified.
    All user groups would report up to what their needs/wants are for wildlife.

Reality is, there will never be a kumbya moment when all user groups hold hands.
    They will always fight in the sand box.

Let them keep fighting over a growing resource rather than a shrinking one.

Funding and a plan.

Push your political contacts on step 1 and 2.
    Last edited by Ourea; 11-22-2017 at 12:07 PM.

I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with keyboards and forums. - F L Wright

Try and be kind to everyone but fear no one. - Ourea

Quote Originally Posted by peaceriver View Post
    Completely agree with you on this aspect. That is the approach they have in a lot of states down south(Idaho and Montana come to mind), any outdoor recreation is subject to a tax which is then invested solely in conservation, to the point where Idaho has a budget tens of millions above what BC's is, with a lower population and less area to cover. This tax would be an easy fix for the funding situation.

I also think that companies that actively benefit from using the land (forestry, mining, oil and gas) should have to pay a conservation tax as well that is completely devoted to the environment. They get to make millions a year off this Province and contribute relatively little in keeping the environment stable and nourishing for our local species.

But the biggest thing we all need to think about and do, is not keep our complaints and ideas on some internet forum. This place is good for fostering discussion but what really makes a difference is calling and writing your local MLA's and MP's. This problem can only be fixed at the level of government and if our elected representatives don't hear from us, their constituents, on a near-constant basis they don't have the incentive to change things. It's amazing what just 30 or so phone calls can do. I've started writing my local MLA this year and have gotten responses and further information rather easily, while being able to stress how important conservation is to me. If we all group together and do this one simple task that doesn't take very long it can make a big difference regardless of which party currently holds power.

If there are enough people on this forum interested in writing a letter to their MLA and MP I would be happy to write up a draft letter that can be used so it takes people even less time. There is a way to do conservation and have generous bag limits but it requires the funding and political will to do so, and if we want to live in a democracy we have to take matters into our own hands at some point and demand action from our elected representatives.
    This is the truth right here....I think a draft letter is a great idea..

Ignorance you say, well thats calling the kettle black.
    I have been more open to all he drivers that have caused the declines, and yet many still can't face the fact that we need to back up our pressure on the wildlife.
    People talk about the science and when I bring up quotes for the so called Bio Masters that are saying things relating to a more conservative changes, readers
    try to distract and divert the topic.
    Mark my words, if we continue with our seasons that run from Sept1- Dec 20th, the changes will be drastic. I can already smell the LEH system
    coming down the pipe.
    Funding is and will always be problem,
    As a long time director and a avid fund raiser I can tell you that the battle is not over. The BCWF and many other passionate
    groups have hit the funding wall for so many years that the outcome is so predictable.
    But once again "IN The Meantime We Need To Move Forward With A More Conservative Approach"
    Or continue with the IGNORANCE!

Quote Originally Posted by bownut View Post
    I have been more open to all he drivers that have caused the declines, and yet many still can't face the fact that we need to back up our pressure on the wildlife.
    People talk about the science and when I bring up quotes for the so called Bio Masters that are saying things relating to a more conservative changes, readers
    Mark my words, if we continue with our seasons that run from Sept1- Dec 20th, the changes will be drastic. I can already smell the LEH system
    coming down the pipe.
    As a long time director and a avid fund raiser I can tell you that the battle is not over. The BCWF and many other passionate
    groups have hit the funding wall for so many years that the outcome is so predictable.
    But once again "IN The Meantime We Need To Move Forward With A More Conservative Approach"
    So you are concerned about the whitetail seasons since you mentioned Sept 1- Dec 20th?

The Christian Valley spring ground counts conducted have yielded consistent numbers since the antlerless whitetail GOS was introduced...other than the first year where there was a slight dip while the does were
    educated. The numbers bounced back the following year and have been pretty
    consistent.

SSS
    Last edited by Stone Sheep Steve; 11-22-2017 at 05:55 PM.
    https://oceola.ca/
    http://bcwf.net/index.php
    http://www.wildsheepsociety.net/

I Give my Heart to my Family....
    My Mind to my Work.......
    But My Soul Belongs to the Mountains.....

Last 10 years of mule deer harvest in region 8 (2007-2016):

Trend? Flat. Indicator: population is stable.

Notes: heavily roaded, heavily hunted, season unchanged, still produces the same number of deer.

If current seasons were causing a decrease in populations, then trend would be down over a decade of hunting as the region would be "shot off."

Further evidence: days per kill is statistically flat. Indicator: same number of deer harvested by the same hunter effort, populations are stable.

Quote Originally Posted by chevy
    Sorry!!!! but in all honesty, i could care less,, what todbartell! actually thinks
    Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    but man how much pepporoni can your arshole take anyways !

Here we go again....

We might as well count all the deer in town and add those ones to the mix. Ask yourselves how has you hunting been? , and I am not talking about Vineyard deer.

coming down the pipe.

We need dedicated funding for wildlife......at a massive level.
    Simple as that.

Some are better than others at creating and supporting the model.
    You have obviously quit and revert to wanting regulating a declining resource as the answer??

Raffle tickets won't help.

There is no ignorance

No wall cannot be breached.
    We will break that wall down.

I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with keyboards and forums. - F L Wright

Try and be kind to everyone but fear no one. - Ourea

Keep adding seasons and you can keep the numbers up. Opportunity rocks!
    If BCWF states we are suffering declining game population and your counts are stable, who's correct?

Not at all, but keep making it look like that.

Funding is the key but time is the factor. We are running out of time.
    You so right on massive level.
    What have you been doing about it?

Interesting stuff on Youtube
    Some talk about funding and science. Don't know how to link the stuff but everyone should check it out.

Northwoods Adventures. Rebuilding Deer Populations, and Minnesota DNR Commissioners Deer Opener.
    Something to think about as we chase the money people.
    Last edited by bownut; 11-22-2017 at 07:01 PM.

Here we go again....

We might as well count all the deer in town and add those ones to the mix. Ask yourselves how has you hunting been? , and I am not talking about Vineyard deer.
    Town whitetails weren't counted in Christian Valley.

Hunting was slow for the kid and I as we saw about 1/10 the deer that we've seen in preceding years...but it was an incredibly dry summer and the deer weren't in their regular spots. After the recent mule deer presentation this makes sense.

I missed what would have been my biggest whitetail last week and the cameras keep showing new solid bucks appearing...including what has to be a 10 year old buck.

Having said this, i never judge deer populations only by my personal experiences.

Keep adding seasons and you can keep the numbers up. Opportunity rocks!
    If BCWF states we are suffering declining game population and your counts are stable, who's correct?
    Region 8 has faired better than other regions with deer numbers (that was mentioned at the Town Hall meeting) but we've also had a couple signicant burns in recent years. While the OMP and Terrace fires aren't as productive as they used to be, we now have the Testalinden and Rock Creek fires approaching high productivity.

SSS
    https://oceola.ca/
    http://bcwf.net/index.php
    http://www.wildsheepsociety.net/

I Give my Heart to my Family....
    My Mind to my Work.......
    But My Soul Belongs to the Mountains.....