Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Why is the WKBGTA proposing a bag limit of 1 elk or 1 moose not both in BC

Re: Why is the WKBGTA proposing a bag limit of 1 elk or 1 moose not both in BC

You have to be a special kind of stupid to suggest more LEH in place of GOS.....

Until the screaming about predator numbers gets loud enough to be heard, expect more cuts. It is simpler for govt to implement such bs as this proposal than actually killing off a bunch of wolves and their damn sacred grizzlies. Not to mention black bears and cats.

Maybe this is a proposal submitted in the early spring of 2017? And through stakeholder engagement was removed from the list of recommendations going forward.

Can always count on the West Kootenay nimby’s to come up with this type of garbage.

Quote Originally Posted by Fisher-Dude View Post
    Just more knuckledraggers that think hunting regulations to suit their fancy will better their own chances of success.

And hey, maybe they can strut their shit at their annual "trophy" banquet if they get a deer that you don't.

The downward spiral continues...
    "Big Game TROPHY Association"......well that says it all....doesn't it folks!!????
    Just like the GO where I hunt...was all happy about the 6 point restriction coming into affect years ago!!!
    He said "this would create LARGE BULL ELK...350 CLASS BULLS Again!!!
    Well....I think he has only taken 2 or 3 Bulls in his past 4 seasons....and if they hit 280, he's lucky!.

The real story...and the only one here is.....
    "who are the members that belong to this Association"??????
    Names and Affiliations please!!!
    That is the real story.....

This is a reaction to the ungulate numbers in the west kootenays. Right now our numbers are at an all time low. I would blame it on a hard winter and hitting the top of the predator cycle. Yes these suggestions are out of desperation and i dont support them but something needs to be done in the wk.

So what, exactly, has the WKBGTA done for conservation...aside from calling for more restrictions on hunting? Any of their members on here wish to enlighten me?

...Oh, and the use of the term "Trophy" in their name does little to help the image of hunters in this province! JMO.

Quote Originally Posted by northernguy View Post
    So what, exactly, has the WKBGTA done for conservation...aside from calling for more restrictions on hunting? Any of their members on here wish to enlighten me?

...Oh, and the use of the term "Trophy" in their name does little to help the image of hunters in this province! JMO.
    i dont have any recent knowledge of what they are doing but the word trophy is in there name because of an annual trophy banquet they hold to raise money. Over the years they have done many things for conservation including, winter feeding programs, controlled burns when they could for wintering grounds, organized transplants, animal counts. This groups main concern is conservation. I have not been a member for years unfortunately do to life commitments but will once again when time permits. You guys are all dumping on a group that wants to help our animal numbers.

Rather then bashing, we should be coming up with more productive options to help the state of wildlife in areas like the wk that are hurting.

there is a group of toads in the EAST Koot trying to close or limit bowhunting for conservation concerns!!! LOL That is too funny. My response... how about we close the rifle season during the rut!
    "When you judge another you don't define them, you define yourself."

Sounds like they do some really good, hands on work! Thanks for the info!

And not bashing...but in today's hyper sensitive "politically correct" atmosphere, the term "trophy" is seized upon by groups bent on stopping hunting and by unintended consequence, the work that groups like this do. It's not right but it's the reality. Might be time to "modernize" the name.

Thanks again for the info.