Page 1 of 26 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Why is the WKBGTA proposing a bag limit of 1 elk or 1 moose not both in BC

Why is the WKBGTA proposing a bag limit of 1 elk or 1 moose not both in BC

Can someone explain why the West Kootenay Big Game Trophy Association (WKBGTA) is making the following proposals:
    1) Change provincial bag limit to 1 moose or 1 elk - "based on hunters don't need that much meat';
    2)Cancel the 6 point GOS and open season LEH in the WK;
    3)Shorten mule deer season to Sept 10 - Oct 31 - because "mule deer meat during the rut in't good for sustenance".

But increase the number of cats that can be taken...

http://www.ferniergc.com/documents/2018%20Regulation%20Change%20Proposals%20for%20KWH AC%20(2017-06-06).pdf

Who is the West Kootenay Big Game Association to say how much I need? Or how many people I support on a successful year of harvest.

Who is the WKBTA association to dictate that rutted mule deer meat isn't good for sustenance... I would suggest MANY a hunter would disagree.

You guys make me sick! Where is your logic or science coming from... Oh wait how many of your members just shot a critter for it's bone, but left the meat to go rot... I know a few... wouldn't even give it up for dog meat... but you sure did get a B&C ranking....

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Why is the WKBGTA proposing a bag limit of 1 elk or 1 moose not both in BC

1) REALLY??!!?? My family of 11 people doesn't need the much meat huh?? I'll take as much as can possibly get. Buying meat from a store just isn't an option these days as it is awfully expensive.

2) Why? What's their reasons?

3) Again, REALLY??!!?? I've harvested bucks in full rut, stinking to high heaven, and the meat was delicious. People like to believe in the old wives tale that a rutted animal doesn't taste good. B.S!!! That's what I call mind over matter, but in this case the mind thinks the meat will taste bad and then it believes it. Unless of course you mistreated the carcass during and after the kill, chasing it all the mountain, shooting it full of holes, dragging it through the mud, not properly skining it, not properly hanging it, not properly cutting the fat and cleaning it, etc etc.... yeah, it might then become unfit for sustenance, but then its your own fault isn't it???

I propose that hunters get proper education on how to perform a kill and then process game correctly once it hits the dirt.
    caddisguy "I worry about predators wanting to eat me or bucks trying to take my manhood. "How was your hunting trip honey" ... "wahh I don't want to talk about it... sob ""

Hunters are their own worst enemy.
    KCCO

Broken link fixed.

Document is HERE

Quote Originally Posted by howa1500 View Post
    3)Shorten mule deer season to Sept 10 - Oct 31 - because "mule deer meat during the rut in't good for sustenance"........
    I've shot a few Nov mulies with swollen necks and strongly smelled of rut. The meat was fine and I couldn't tell the difference from an October deer. I processed the meat myself and trimmed off all the fat.
    "There'll be no quitters, till we bag some critters"
    WSSBC - RMGA - BHA - CCFR

When hunters are watching game numbers decline and no effort to improve things get suggested out of desperation

There is a need for change but we need well thought out change but no one can agree on what that is

1. Disagree. I would think it is very rare a hunter gets a moose and elk in one season. I have no problem with the odd hunter getting both animals. The meat won't go to waste!
    2. Disagree. LEH system is broken and until a new system in place I can't support 6pt Leh hunt. I do support a shorter season though.
    3. Completely disagree. Shot many big muleys that were rutted out and they were great to eat.

I do support shutting down wt doe season in WK and the leh cow season. Our predator numbers are at all time high and our ungulates are numbers are way down.
    Live to Hunt...

#managingtozero

I would guess the wildfire closure of the east kootenays last season had something to do to table this, causing more pressure on the west side. A knee jerk reaction to reduce hunting pressure, especially from non-local hunters.

Guide outfitter(s) displeased with a diminishing resource?

Just more knuckledraggers that think hunting regulations to suit their fancy will better their own chances of success.

And hey, maybe they can strut their shit at their annual "trophy" banquet if they get a deer that you don't.

The downward spiral continues...
    Quote Originally Posted by chevy
    Sorry!!!! but in all honesty, i could care less,, what todbartell! actually thinks
    Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    but man how much pepporoni can your arshole take anyways !