Page 24 of 26 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 LastLast

Thread: Why is the WKBGTA proposing a bag limit of 1 elk or 1 moose not both in BC

Re: Why is the WKBGTA proposing a bag limit of 1 elk or 1 moose not both in BC

Quote Originally Posted by bearvalley View Post
    Ourea, I get it.
    The problem is that no organization is behind the funding model unless it furthers their own personal goals.
    In case you haven’t figured it out I’m not wet behind the ears when it comes to wildlife politics.
    Nor I in the business world.
    Despite the obvious and calculated challenges I like OUR odds.
    Cheers

I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with keyboards and forums. - F L Wright

Try and be kind to everyone but fear no one. - Ourea

Quote Originally Posted by Ourea View Post
    Nor I in the business world.
    Despite the obvious and calculated challenges I like OUR odds.
    Cheers
    Like I tried to tell you before....think of 2 things...reconciliation and comanagement.
    Whether we like it or not....that’s a big stick and government is paying attention.

Quote Originally Posted by bearvalley View Post
    Like I tried to tell you before....think of 2 things...reconciliation and comanagement.
    Whether we like it or not....that’s a big stick and government is paying attention.
    Acutely aware FN are the bell of the ball and no dance happens without them.
    It's the sharks circling that I am trying to see marginalized.

I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with keyboards and forums. - F L Wright

Try and be kind to everyone but fear no one. - Ourea

Quote Originally Posted by Ourea View Post
    Acutely aware FN are the bell of the ball and no dance happens without them.
    It's the sharks circling that I am trying to see marginalized.
    I understand and agree....that said we’ve probably both identified different sharks.

To be clear , I am not part of any of the organizations (sharks) alluded to ..... I throw the BCWF my membership dues in hopes that they "represent" as a gun owner and hunter and I at least get my atv liability insurance .
    I voiced my opinion as some of the "facts" being presented are more theories .... statisticians and biologists use numbers to skew the results ... maybe I should add politicians

Quote Originally Posted by Dannybuoy View Post
    I voiced my opinion as some of the "facts" being presented are more theories .... statisticians and biologists use numbers to skew the results ... maybe I should add politicians
    All part of providing maximum harvest opportunities and managing wildlife to zero.

Ourea...I hear you completely....couldn't agree more.
    "plan has been platformed".....where is this plan, as I would like to see it.. maybe others would as well?

As for spending money (which doesn't exist right now, but let's say it does)...
    Agreed...money should be spent in the field of "action" as compared to studies....BUT....
    let's take "wolf culling" as a course of action for example....
    There is a lot of "disapproval" amongst the non-hunters in the province....
    So, you will need some studies for "hard evidence", to show why the cull is needed...or to atleast support it,
    even if those people still don't.
    (doubt there has been any study on wolves in R3 and there impact as of yet).

Also, like the OP, we have some saying the season should be cut off Oct 31.....
    yet, none of those people have shown me "the data" to support it, even though I have asked repeatedly???
    So, if there is no current data on fawn/doe ratio....then before someone screams "shut it down"....
    maybe scream....get out there and find out!!

But yes, I would love to see the money spent on action, addressing the issues where we "have already done" the
    studies or have enough data and know what is needed.

Back to Ourea, and what he is saying.....he is bang on...where is the money going to come from.
    Who "ALL" is going to contribute to it.
    What say will they have or want???
    Should they have any say?
    Who is going to spend it??

west kootenay shortening elk season

https://apps.nrs.gov.bc.ca/ahte/cont...al-open-season

any idea if the elk archery season will be axed as well?

Quote Originally Posted by slowjo View Post
    west kootenay shortening elk season

https://apps.nrs.gov.bc.ca/ahte/cont...al-open-season
    Based on one MU with a small sample size. Hmmmm.......
    https://oceola.ca/
    http://bcwf.net/index.php
    http://www.wildsheepsociety.net/

I Give my Heart to my Family....
    My Mind to my Work.......
    But My Soul Belongs to the Mountains.....