Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Non local band night hunting elk at Pitt River

Re: Non local band night hunting elk at Pitt River

The two bands should scrap it out like the traditional days, someone should phone the Katzies and stir some shit
    I like drinking beer and whiskey, shooting guns, jetboating, love a nice rack and a tight line, I am simply a sophisticated redneck...

Quote Originally Posted by IronNoggin View Post
    It is not a tradition - it is bullshit.
    You can try to claim it was, but the extremely little information that exists in this regard points to fishing practices with a torch at night - NOT hunting.

And you are further in error claiming this dangerous and abhorrent practice is a "right" written into the Constitution.
    It is in fact, a legal "right" bestowed upon a single band on the Saanich Peninsula by our wacked out Supreme Court.
    It is only by extension (fear of losing the court battle) this so-called "right" has been extended to other bands in BC, and in fact, across Canada. As such, it has no Constitutional Protection as you assert, and can likely be challenged on the grounds of public safety.

And you continue to miss the point. The CO who turns a blind eye has been ordered to do so. Should he ignore those marching orders, he WILL face disciplinary action. And, it will never ever get to court even if he does lay charges against his superiors' desires, they will be certain to nullify any such action. The problem does not lie at the CO level. Period.

Cheers,
    Nog

It is not a tradition - it is bullshit.

It is a tradition to hunt at night, even my grandparents did it. So you can scale down the attack boyo. AND it is a RIGHT to carry on as they have traditionally done, apparently they convinced the SCC that hunting at night was something they had always done. I don't agree with it, but that's the law and at this point it's legal.

Quote Originally Posted by Jagermeister View Post
    The truth of the matter is the use of modern high candlepower light beams is a long way removed from "traditional" wouldn't you say? And I for one will support whoever wants to rant about it for as long as the practice continues.
    You are correct, nothing traditional about using high powered lights at all.

Question Re: Non local band night hunting elk at Pitt River

Quote Originally Posted by HappyJack View Post
    It is a tradition to hunt at night, even my grandparents did it....
    You have ANYTHING besides your own hearsay to back that up??
    And please don't present the worn out "traditional knowledge" routine, rather something a little more tangible please & thanks...

Wondering...
    Nog
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVNNhzkJ-UU&feature=related

Egotistical, Self Centered, Son of a Bitch Killer that Doesn't Play Well With Others.

Guess he got to Know me

Talk about a convenient truth!

The issue I have with verbal history is the tendency for the last version to not vaguely resemble the original yarn.

Fn platform is something like it happened this way because Im saying it did, which leads to prove that this is not true.

Which clearly leads to the counter of prove that it is true.

Its elementary logic.
    Blacktailaholic

A good read of what rights FN have in BC http://aboriginal.legalaid.bc.ca/res...Rights-eng.pdf The way I read it there is a conversation concern LEH and it is not their traditional land or they would have been given rights to hunt Elk

Haney,BC and anywhere you can hunt in BC out of the rain !

Ah heck I’m done worrying about the 1st Nations shooting all the game.....when it’s all gone they will just blame everyone else that it was overhunted and now their people are starving to death and they will get BIG CASH settlements for lack food, then they’ll start shooting cattle as it’s their traditional right, it’s ok the Supreme Court of Canada ruled in their favour.......yup it’s all good
    7mm PRC soon to be the most popular cartridge in North America