Quote Originally Posted by IronNoggin View Post
Assuming the horsemen have been invited...

This is likely the best course of action.
If those who live there, and as you put it are responsible and organized in their allocated harvest, they do tend to get a tad jaded when intruders arrive. I would be making damn certain these band(s) are informed asap.

Also make certain the band of the intruders is aware - by that I mean the Chief, Council & Elders' Council asap.
It may be a "renegade" (not sanctioned) action, and their leaders may be able to exert an influence.

Pictures. Observation and recording. Think eventual media / court.
Get the message to the media - they may duck, but they may not...
Be willing to stand up in court and testify that is was your private land this poaching occurred on. Make that well known.
Try not to become endangered doing so.

I truly agree with how many inches we're currently taking.

However, the CO's are not in any position to decide who gets charged in these types of cases, and who does not. In fact, if some are warned not to charge in a given situation and still do, they will pace penalties for that decision.

Judges are a problem in many cases. So much so, and so high up, that I personally consider our supreme court (as it stands) to be utterly inept when dealing with anything of this (and some others) nature.

Politicians are the worst of the lot. Fawning and lusting for votes, and paying particular attention to the winds of political correctness as it applies to any situation. In a great many instances, pressure from these locusts decides an unjust and unworthy outcome for reprehensible actions.

Under the current (and constantly being adversely tested) system, well... Houston, We Have A Problem...

I do hope the offenders come to their senses before someone decides to do that for them...

Cheers,
Nog
For crying out loud, it's not illegal to interfere with an illegal hunt. Maybe some locals should give them some company?? I imagine the RCMP should be dealing with trespassers should they not?