Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Slow Motion Bullet Impact on Deer

Slow Motion Bullet Impact on Deer

Found this on Reddit and thought I would share here. It was interesting to see bullet trail across grass before impact. Good shot placement but I'm sure the far shoulder is toast, as far as meat goes. At least you know he isn't running away.

https://i.imgur.com/OdKzfEK.gifv

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Slow Motion Bullet Impact on Deer

That's what you would call a bang- flop
    "The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance." Cicero - 55 BC
    ..... The NDP approach: if the facts don't fit your ideology, just pretend the facts don't exist.......

Guess he doesn't like shoulder roasts.

Neat how the camera catches the path of the bullet. Saw that once on a hunting video years ago on a 250 yard shot. Could see that weird shimmer (like a mirage) all the way to the buck over the entire path.
    caddisguy "I worry about predators wanting to eat me or bucks trying to take my manhood. "How was your hunting trip honey" ... "wahh I don't want to talk about it... sob ""

Quote Originally Posted by Buckmeister View Post
    Neat how the camera catches the path of the bullet. Saw that once on a hunting video years ago on a 250 yard shot. Could see that weird shimmer (like a mirage) all the way to the buck over the entire path.
    snipers use a spotter who follows the contrail and gives updates to the sniper if a second shot is needed

Quote Originally Posted by TexasWalker View Post
    Guess he doesn't like shoulder roasts.
    Nor does he like to fallow blood trails ........
    "The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance." Cicero - 55 BC
    ..... The NDP approach: if the facts don't fit your ideology, just pretend the facts don't exist.......

That looks like a perfect spinal shot. Did two, one on mule deer and other on moose. Bang/flop
    ".....It will be far easier to limit and undo the follies of a Trudeau government than to restore the necessary common sense and good judgment to a depraved electorate willing to have such a man for their prime minister......​"

Quote Originally Posted by Jagermeister View Post
    That looks like a perfect spinal shot. Did two, one on mule deer and other on moose. Bang/flop
    Prolly a 22-250

I've recorded my 500 yd shots thru spotting scope(in winter) and can see the travel path of bullet till it hits target.looks cool.

Looks cooler there with the kill shot.