Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Slow Motion Bullet Impact on Deer

Re: Slow Motion Bullet Impact on Deer

cool video. thanks for sharing.
    There's a lot of these on youtube showing the travel path of the bullet till impact -incase anyone is interested.

Watching that, I am starting to question that I may be aiming a little too low?
    Seems a little high?, but the results are perfect, basically dead before it hits the ground, about as ethical as one
    can get....IMO.
    Obviously for some who may not know (and from what I see on the video from my perspective) is that if you
    do shoot "uphill", you generally have to aim a little lower then you would flat out, but, this depends on distance
    of course.

I'd say keep aiming where your aiming. It looks to me like he got spined. They drop like a brick, but he may or may not be done. Once the effects of the massive shockwave that rippled through his body wears off he could be laying there paralyzed but still alive. It has happened to me once with an elk feeding in a cut block. Same kinda shot at about 200 yes. The bull dropped like a turd from a tall cow, but when I got up to him I had to finish him. Less dramatic, but I would much rather put one through the boiler room have them expire right away.

Quote Originally Posted by Bugle M In View Post
    Watching that, I am starting to question that I may be aiming a little too low?
    Seems a little high?, but the results are perfect, basically dead before it hits the ground, about as ethical as one
    can get....IMO.
    Obviously for some who may not know (and from what I see on the video from my perspective) is that if you
    do shoot "uphill", you generally have to aim a little lower then you would flat out, but, this depends on distance
    of course.