Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What is the correct way to proceed now?

Re: What is the correct way to proceed now?

Thanks everyone for taking the time to share your thoughts, once I speak to the local CO and get some more clarity on this issue, I will update here.

Cheers.
    RyoT.

Sorry to hear that! Man that sucks, lost my hunting bag and other stuff from my truck in my yard a few years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by RyoTHC View Post
    I have reported the theft with service BC and the RCMP and got a case number. Tried calling CO service with no luck yet.. just trying to get th sorted asap as this weekend is possibly my last chance to fill this tag If I can even get this sorte out.

Thanks for the opinions.

On a side note, we should be able to have uploaded copies of our "tags" online with our FWID and we should be able to login to "punch" those tags as well! So we don't have to carry punched tags with us but a CO can confirm they have been used. Any non used tags must b with you, and any tags you've "punched" online should be able to be left at home or somewhere safe.
    I would maybe not disclose ur firearm was in the vehicle as they might say it wasn't properly stored in the vehicle if ur back window wasn't lock (i believe ur vehicle must be locked at all times if a fire is in it)

Prob won't be a problem but there is a risk if you get officer anal solving ur case

Will ur vehicle insurance cover the cost of the items stolen?

Sorry to hear though man

Quote Originally Posted by jaybe14 View Post
    Will ur vehicle insurance cover the cost of the items stolen?

Sorry to hear though man
    Not even going to attempt to bark up that tree, for every dollar I got from them, they would take ten more back. They are as crooked as the original theif!

Once you have a police file ## Fromt Counter BC should be able to help you replace your tags without costing too much I'm sure....that sucks man, I'd contact ICBC it's may not cost you as much as you think...

Quote Originally Posted by HarryToolips View Post
    Once you have a police file ## Fromt Counter BC should be able to help you replace your tags without costing too much I'm sure....that sucks man, I'd contact ICBC it's may not cost you as much as you think...
    Might have more luck with your home insurance. Our home insurance covers things temporarily removed from the house...but lots of stuff they don't cover either.

There is no rule stating you have to keep any punched tags on you at all.

Replacement tags are $10 each, not sure about LEH authorizations. K

If the limit on the animal is 1 and you've already bought a tag will they even sell you another tag for the same animal, since they'd be able to see that you've already bought that tag?