Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What is the correct way to proceed now?

What is the correct way to proceed now?

Hi Guys,

Wanted to see what everyone's opinion on this issue was,

With the new tag system, and the laminate cards I was told by the lady selling me the tags that even after they are punched to carry all tags together with you, and have your photo ID on you as well.. that's all fine and dandy.

Fast forward to this morning and I was scouting for a LEH draw and I found some fresh tracks so I excitedly exited the truck and went for a 15-20 minute walk, upon coming back I became aware that someone had broken into my vehicle and had stolen my hunting bag. I lost my range finder, binoculars, knives and spotting scope but in my bag was also all my tags, my LEH and my punched tags... I obviously would like to replace my LEH tag so I can still work towards that... but am I going to be forced to replace every tag in order to be legal on my last hunt and compliant with the regulations? I have no problem replacing one tag but replacing seven tags isn't something I can afford to do before my next pay period, which comes right before my LEH closes..

thanks for any opinions or suggestions.

Regards,
    Ryot.
    Last edited by RyoTHC; 11-18-2017 at 12:49 AM.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: What is the correct way to proceed now?

Did this happen today? Where abouts were u?
    majorguns

Wow sorry to hear this man frickn thieves, can hardly get away from them
    I don't know the text book answer but if it was me I'd report the theft to the RCMP which that info might be asked about when you go to the next step which is show up at a Service BC place and get your tag for the LEH. If that's all your pursuing that's all I'd get, talk this part over with the rep but I can't for the life of me see why you'd have to repurchase all those tags at this stage of the game. Good luck with it.
    its gonna take a life time to hunt and fish all this

correct way to proceed is RCMP and CO service......

Quote Originally Posted by stixnstones View Post
    Did this happen today? Where abouts were u?
    Yes it was this morning. North western end of zone 3-13.. truck was locked but apparently they were able to open the back window/it wasn't properly locked.

Quote Originally Posted by 835 View Post
    correct way to proceed is RCMP and CO service......
    I have reported the theft with service BC and the RCMP and got a case number. Tried calling CO service with no luck yet.. just trying to get th sorted asap as this weekend is possibly my last chance to fill this tag If I can even get this sorte out.

Thanks for the opinions.

On a side note, we should be able to have uploaded copies of our "tags" online with our FWID and we should be able to login to "punch" those tags as well! So we don't have to carry punched tags with us but a CO can confirm they have been used. Any non used tags must b with you, and any tags you've "punched" online should be able to be left at home or somewhere safe.

They should at least be able to provide you some sort of replacement document to accompany your antlers/mounts, in case you every decide to sell them.

I've always found COs pretty good about calling back

Conservation Officers do not replace your tags. They can't issue you a new one or new LEH Authorization. If it was me I'd take the police file number a head down to Front Counter BC and they are the most likely to be able to help you get replacement documents.

Oh man, that sucks. I am of the mind to always carry a couple of trail cameras and when I stop for a walkabout, deploy them to be looking at my vehicle.

I have been leaving my cut tags at home, no need to have them as far as I'm concerned and at least to this date I cannot find a ruling that states I must carry them. So if I were in your boots, re print the LEH paper from your FWID account and go buy the one and only tag for that animal and be done with it.

But please let us know what you learn from this experience so the rest of us can learn too.

Steeleco
    Take a kid hunting its more rewarding than shooting an animal yourself!!