Thread: HHA Optimizer?

HHA Optimizer?

Hey everyone,

Hope everyone has had a successful season, going to keep this nice and short as possible. Had a couple good seasons with rifle and am looking to try get ready for bow season next year or even spring bear. I have had the bow for a few months but did not feel proficient enough to use this season. I am currently looking at upgrading my bow sight and am interested in the HHA optimizer lite. Has anyone used this for hunting recently that would like to give some input? Did you find that manually changing yardage dial became an inconvenience in real-life hunting situation?

If you have had a great experience with a different sight and would like to share, I am open to suggestions.

Thank you in advance,

Dean

2. Site Sponsor

Re: HHA Optimizer?

Bought one yesterday. I'll let you know how it goes. The 3019 is on Amazon for 100$ Canadian, free shipping.

Thanks Pinewood,

Please do keep me posted

The first bear I shot with a bow was a broadside shot at about ten feet. The arrow zipped right threw him and it hardly flinched.
    After a minute or so it wandered down the hill about 10 feet and fell over.
    Very exciting for a few minutes

I have been using an HHA slider now for a couple of seasons . This is the only site I will ever use . Adjusting while hunting is no big deal because most of the time you have the opportunity to do so. IMO archery shots at animals have to be slow and calculated unlike a rifle where it's hurry up and shoot. Most of the time my site is set at 25 yards and I can hold over and under . I like the simple site picture (1 pin) multi pins are too busy for me

Used HHA sights for years now ... love it
    I have the 5519 on my hunting bow (wheel) keep it 25 ... anything beyond that likey the animal doesn't know your there anyway and you can range and dial

hold high or low

Practice what your bow does ...
    A true Archery Nut

Willing to help and answer archery related questions to the best of my ability ...all you gotta do is ask

Quote Originally Posted by Bowzone_Mikey View Post
    Used HHA sights for years now ... love it
    I have the 5519 on my hunting bow (wheel) keep it 25 ... anything beyond that likey the animal doesn't know your there anyway and you can range and dial

hold high or low

Practice what your bow does ...

x2 I’ve been using the 5519 for years. Love it. Take the time to sight it in properly following the procedure it details. I always had difficulty getting a proper site picture with multi-pin horizontal sights. Going to a single pin vertical changed everything for me. With some practice, I went from being comfortable only from 35 and closer to now having no hesitation at 60+. The sliding dial takes about as long for you to adjust as it does for your brain to count pins to make sure your shooting the right one.

I've been shooting a 5 pin IQ bowsight for years and was extremely confident in my sight and ability to place an arrow where I want, had an opportunity at a blacktail last year and missed at 35 yards, clean miss over the back. I chose the wrong pin in all the excitement, and later realized I have to really focus so all the pins don't blur together when I focus on the animal or target... So I tried my buddies bow with a single pin and loved it, so I looked at a few single pins like HHA, CBE, trophy ridge and spot Hogg. All were nice, good features on all of them, but the one I chose to buy is a Spot Hogg Fast Eddie XL with the double pin. I can set the top pin for 20, and my second pin will be around 30-32 yards. I really liked the Kingpin light, and the Kingpin but decided to go with spot Hogg because it has a dovetail attachment and the double pin and pointer. Just got the notification that it was shipped today, pretty excited.