Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Nikon Monarch HG binos ... anyone have them locally?

Nikon Monarch HG binos ... anyone have them locally?

Hi,

I'm looking at new binos for next year ($1000 USD budget). Been using my Vortex Diamondbacks since 2008 and it's time they get upgraded considering i spend more time looking through my binoculars than any other optic i own. These new Monarch HG have made the short list. They seem quite good in specs, with one of the widest field of views out there (362 feet @ 1000 yards), but not sure who carries them locally to take a look through. Almost no YouTube reviews on them either yet as they're fairly new.

(Thinking Nikon Monarch HG, Zeiss Conquest HD, Leica Trinovid HD or Minox HG)

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Nikon Monarch HG binos ... anyone have them locally?

Can't help you with the Monarchs but I looked between the ZEISS and Leicas. And went with the Conquest HD. The Trinovid were heavier and not clear right out to the edges. I would consider the focus on the Conquests to be fairly 'free wheeling' and fine. And I like the soft rubber eye cups.

Hope that helps some.

I love my conquests. Awesome glass and they have taken a beating.

Quote Originally Posted by firebird View Post
    Can't help you with the Monarchs but I looked between the ZEISS and Leicas. And went with the Conquest HD. The Trinovid were heavier and not clear right out to the edges. I would consider the focus on the Conquests to be fairly 'free wheeling' and fine. And I like the soft rubber eye cups.

Hope that helps some.
    The trinovids are only 1oz heavier. Based on specs their real downside is the narrower field of view compared to Zeiss (339 feet compared to 345), as well as the fact they're made in Portugal not Germany.

Edge sharpness is definitely something that's quite important .... that's why i want to find who carries the Monarch HG to take a look. With their "Field Flattner" lenses, they're supposed to be "kind of like" the Swaro EL in terms of edges. But, that's all based on internet info. I've yet to take a look through them.

Does Omer/plain sight carry Nikon or minox? He will send and bill you for both pairs for comparison but re fund you for the pair you send back.....as long as they are still BNIB. That's what he did for me with the leicas and zeiss

Buy a pair of used premium glass for that much money. I wouldnt pay $1000 Nikon anything.

$1000 usd? You can get 10x42 razors for that. Great glass and warranty.
    When in doubt, just pin it.

Quote Originally Posted by 300rum700 View Post
    Buy a pair of used premium glass for that much money. I wouldnt pay $1000 Nikon anything.
    Find me a pair. Nobody sells used Swarovski binos for $1000 .... unless they're a 30 year old model. I've looked.

Second, Nikon makes binoculars that sell for over $2500 in their Premier line.

Not sure why you'd discredit Nikon .... they're one of the worlds leading manufacturers for all kinds of photography lenses and optics. They know how to make good glass.

I’ve read that the monarchs are excellent bang for the buck.
    When in doubt, just pin it.

I have a NIKON 5-20 Scope and it has GREAT Clearity and Functions Excellent ! RJ