Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Nikon Monarch HG binos ... anyone have them locally?

Re: Nikon Monarch HG binos ... anyone have them locally?

I've spent since last season trying to decide on new glass and took hard looks at Maven B2, Conquest HDs, Meostars, and even Razors. Settled on the Nikons. I liked the form factor and brand quality. Wasn't able to compare all the glass in real life conditions but I would imagine all are close enough for most of us. Wasn't a fan of the shape of the Meostars and the Mavens were too big.

They seem to be dropping out of stock and getting back ordered now tho. If you shop around there are places selling them for in the $1250cdn range, instead of the $1449 they usually sit at.

Mine will finally be here tuesday.

Right on. I have used the Monarch's for the past decade and think they're great, and this is a big upgrade to the HG. Also like their lenses in optometry. Pulled the trigger, Visions.ca has a sale for 1198$.

My son has the Monarch 5 and their great. So the HG's must be unreal.
    When in doubt, just pin it.

London Drugs carries them...

If you ask the salesperson nicely they can look up the pricing history on their computer and tell you if they've gone on sale in the past, for how much, and they might be willing to give you that rate.

https://www.londondrugs.com/search/?...h&lang=default

My only issue would be I'm not a fan of 10X - especially if you've been huffing after a hike. 8X is much more forgiving for unsteady hands.

Me.

Edit:
    Just noticed you already bought them... enjoy!

Visions lists them. But I placed an order in the spring and finally got tired of waiting last week and called and they said they were back ordered so I canceled and ordered from thecamerastore in Calgary for $1250 and they shipped them out am hour after I ordered. Worked out actually cheaper than visions in the end because of saving the PST.

Thanks for that.

I've been using them for almost a year. They work wonderfully for me. They are bright and the wide field of view is awesome.

The only complaint I have is that the strap attachment points are powder coated magnesium and since my bino case has key ring style attachments the metal on metal is wearing the finish off. I think a rubber coating all over would have been better.

Optically, I'm still convinced they were the best in the price range and I have no complaints on glass.

Right on. We'll see how long Visions takes.

too the binos out for a quick spin the other nite. im impressed. super crisp and bright edge to edge which will be fantastic when glassing off a tripod. the FOV huge, pretty close to 8x.

Quote Originally Posted by g2mike View Post
    too the binos out for a quick spin the other nite. im impressed. super crisp and bright edge to edge which will be fantastic when glassing off a tripod. the FOV huge, pretty close to 8x.
    Yup! Field of view is noticeably wider than my 10x vortex binos I used for 10 years.