Page 16 of 21 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Provincial mule deer bag limit changes for 2018 season

Re: Provincial mule deer bag limit changes for 2018 season

Quote Originally Posted by HappyJack View Post
    I read somewhere they were considering making you hunt in the MU where you live. No more would everyone from the LML be converging on kamloops and the Kootenay regions. I know when I go hunt 7b lots of the locals don't like seeing us up there....food for thought.
    They should do that with fishing also, including salmon.
    BLACKRIFLESMATTER

Quote Originally Posted by horshur View Post
    might as well hang up the guns it's hopeless..
    That’s the end game , No hunting means no reason to have guns... so ban all of them also !
    BLACKRIFLESMATTER

Quote Originally Posted by .300WSMImpact! View Post
    love to see them on LEH and limit the guides to 5% of the tags maybe for 2 or three years
    why let people from outside this province take deer we should get ?
    BLACKRIFLESMATTER

Quote Originally Posted by Wild one View Post
    This is not a curse to road hunting only. It's not that road hunting is a bad option in this case but not the only one

Lots of hunters with mobility issues kill wt without road hunting

BC just has a strong number of road hunters do to its access and now laws restricting it. Personally have no issues with those who choose to but there are options
    Also prohibit sleds, s x s, three and four wheelers, dirt bikes.... oh wait let’s not forget jetboat !
    BLACKRIFLESMATTER

Quote Originally Posted by limit time View Post
    Also prohibit sleds, s x s, three and four wheelers, dirt bikes.... oh wait let’s not forget jetboat !
    Was not say to ban or regulate road hunting of any kind. Only stated it's not the only option for someone with mobility issues

Quote Originally Posted by .300WSMImpact! View Post
    love to see them on LEH and limit the guides to 5% of the tags maybe for 2 or three years
    GOs have no quota on deer but not a ton of interest in BC deer hunts from non residents. Bet GO deer harvest is already around 5%.

I read somewhere they were considering making you hunt in the MU where you live. No more would everyone from the LML be converging on kamloops and the Kootenay regions. I know when I go hunt 7b lots of the locals don't like seeing us up there....food for thought.
    "I read somewhere" the opposite was being considered. Locals know the country, have a much higher success rate and their hunting activity contributes the least to the economy. Besides, they are already making a living of exploiting the environment. :P

That would be a terrible idea...and good luck policing it....just look at how out of state hunters in the USA can hunt various different states...justthink how much $$ out of town hunting brings to the economy..

Quote Originally Posted by steel_ram View Post
    "I read somewhere" the opposite was being considered. Locals know the country, have a much higher success rate and their hunting activity contributes the least to the economy. Besides, they are already making a living of exploiting the environment. :P
    But just think about how many hunters would have to stay in region 2. the game all across the province would boom!!

whatever.
    So the people in Reg 2 are never going to hunt moose, whitetail, turkey etc again?
    "I read somewhere...." good one.
    Get it on the ground, that's when the work starts