Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Provincial mule deer bag limit changes for 2018 season

Re: Provincial mule deer bag limit changes for 2018 season

The Kamloops region has always had liberal seasons and heavy pressure which until recently had very little effect on the mule deer numbers . I have always put in fairly significant time and have been seeing fewer deer but they are still around , just not in the same numbers . What I have noticed everywhere I go around here are wolves which I believe are having a strong detrimental effect.
    I am also noticing that cattle are now ranging well into november which i believe has a negative impact on prime mule deer wintering grounds . I strongly believe both of these issues need to be addressed , perhaps before they start changing the regs.

Quote Originally Posted by 280 77 View Post
    The Kamloops region has always had liberal seasons and heavy pressure which until recently had very little effect on the mule deer numbers . I have always put in fairly significant time and have been seeing fewer deer but they are still around , just not in the same numbers . What I have noticed everywhere I go around here are wolves which I believe are having a strong detrimental effect.
    I am also noticing that cattle are now ranging well into november which i believe has a negative impact on prime mule deer wintering grounds . I strongly believe both of these issues need to be addressed , perhaps before they start changing the regs.
    This is true.

Quote Originally Posted by J_T View Post
    ^^ BC doesnt seem to operate with data. Trends and emotion is the decision model.
    There is a petition going around in the EK "by hunters" to request the closure of quite a number of
    seasons.
    probably the white tail doe season. That place turns into a shooting gallery come oct 10
    WSSBC Monarch
    WSF Life Member
    2% Certified
    RMGA Member
    CCFR Member

Quote Originally Posted by bownut View Post
    Your on the money, just try and convince the managers to cut back some seasons. It's all about opportunity, opportunity to see F...All.
    The counts always see to come up great in the spring in yet no one fills there tags.
    lol no one fills their tags. Then why are the butchers jammed full of deer come oct 1? There are a lot of LML folks who come and light the place up. My favorite road has been discovered and is now hounded by a group of about 20 that come and chase all the deer away. Been happening for about 5 years now, I hardly head up there, although there are still deer in there, just need to get lucky and catch them out in the open.
    WSSBC Monarch
    WSF Life Member
    2% Certified
    RMGA Member
    CCFR Member

Its bad enough hunting opportunities are getting scarce....vehicle restrictions,deactivated logging roads, wolf predation... and now possible LEH for mule deer? WTF everyone sell your guns and bows.... this is BS....I like deer meat....a two point or spike is fine eating.....they are going to curb our hunting opportunities...once on, the restrictions will be there for good
    Keep your friends close but your enemies closer.

So if you get drawn for a doe you have to decide what's more important meat or antlers...

^^^..doe tag would be for last day of the season just to avoid tag soup lol.....and if reg 1, 2 are exempt then sounds like they will be packed with everyone else in bc looking for their second deer.

And yes blacktails are a separate type how many muley hybreds will be taken?

Quote Originally Posted by limit time View Post
    Most likely guide outfitters.
    Nope. Local resident hunters. I'd heard about it for a while and came across it the other day. Requesting a number of changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Darksith View Post
    probably the white tail doe season. That place turns into a shooting gallery come oct 10
    WT Doe GOS is one, any MD buck, Youth seasons, spike elk and more. I don't have a copy, so don't have the full list.

Apologies to the OP for the sidetrack.

Quote Originally Posted by J_T View Post
    Nope. Local resident hunters. I'd heard about it for a while and came across it the other day. Requesting a number of changes.

WT Doe GOS is one, any MD buck, Youth seasons, spike elk and more. I don't have a copy, so don't have the full list.

Apologies to the OP for the sidetrack.
    Happens every year about now with the bcwf resolution season , hunters wanting less competition thinking that will make for a better hunt for themselves?
    Have heard it many times, fortunately the process weeds out the bad ideas usually

Someone show me the science pointing out a problem with does not getting pregnant or bucks dying of over-stress by having too much tail
    and I may side with a change to buck oppoortunities,
    Until then this just sounds like another change for the sake of someones feelings being hurt by not cutting a tag.
    Never say whoa in the middle of a mud hole