Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Provincial mule deer bag limit changes for 2018 season

Re: Provincial mule deer bag limit changes for 2018 season

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
    When I was a kid, late 1950's early 1960's, mule deer were abundant and practically everywhere in the W. Kootenays (MU 4). Today, mulies are hard to find, even though I know that there are some out there somewhere. Recently there was news about the perilous state that the mountain caribou are in, and intentions to save them. Good luck to them as well as the mule deer! I don't know for certain, or how you feel about it, but I hope that something is done about deactivating old logging roads, clear-cut logging and those annoying snow machines that do these two species no good at all whatsoever. I'm not too happy about the Thompson and Chilcotin river steelhead situation as well. I think I'll have another beer now. Just a gripe that I have to get out of my gut.
    whitetail are the stronger species. I recall seeing hundreds a day in fields, the mule deer didn't stand a chance in the Kootneys. Whitetail in certain areas need be reduced in my mind.
    “Be more concerned with your character than with your reputation. Your character is what you really are while your reputation is merely what others think you are.”

If any deer seasons should be changed, it should be Range Carp to NBL.

Some good comments in here. Point and buck season restrictions will not make more Mule deer. That's it, that's all.
    The measure of a man is not how much power he has, it's how he wields it.

Yep agreed,,,buck is a buck,,,,get rid of point counting,,,,im certan quite many deer is left behind becouse shooting 'wrong' animal..not enaugh points..shame..

The key is for us is to make sure that there are lots of pubs available that serve quality and copious amounts of food and drink for our mule deer friends.

Ladies night twice a week, no dogs allowed, sports on every tv, decent security, clean rooms available by the hour, and no condom machines in the washrooms. Tons of parking helps too.

Habitat, habitat, habitat....

I seriously don't believe it will change because they will lose all those useless tags we buy every year!

Quote Originally Posted by bloody bellies View Post
    get rid of any buck in October, it's a slaughter fest, its a joke watching spikes and 2 points getting killed everywhere,
    Your on the money, just try and convince the managers to cut back some seasons. It's all about opportunity, opportunity to see F...All.
    The counts always see to come up great in the spring in yet no one fills there tags.

Quote Originally Posted by scoutlt1 View Post
    The key is for us is to make sure that there are lots of pubs available that serve quality and copious amounts of food and drink for our mule deer friends.

Ladies night twice a week, no dogs allowed, sports on every tv, decent security, clean rooms available by the hour, and no condom machines in the washrooms. Tons of parking helps too.

Habitat, habitat, habitat....
    Duly noted..

Signed,

Ministry of Deer
    He's anything but a hunter.
    More like another, Rain Coast Sociopath Fraud. Living off the prevails of his chronic lies, like the rest of them...

It's an issue, because these sociopath environmentalist's, will dilute the facts.
    To the point you or Joe public, won't know them any more..
    They count on that big time..

Quote Originally Posted by J_T View Post
    ^^ BC doesnt seem to operate with data. Trends and emotion is the decision model.
    There is a petition going around in the EK "by hunters" to request the closure of quite a number of
    seasons.
    Most likely guide outfitters.
    BLACKRIFLESMATTER

Quote Originally Posted by bownut View Post
    Your on the money, just try and convince the managers to cut back some seasons. It's all about opportunity, opportunity to see F...All.
    The counts always see to come up great in the spring in yet no one fills there tags.

Hey Al
    Safe to say that you either attended the presentation on Mule Deer Ecology at UBCO recently or at least watched the video the I posted the link to?
    https://oceola.ca/
    http://bcwf.net/index.php
    http://www.wildsheepsociety.net/

I Give my Heart to my Family....
    My Mind to my Work.......
    But My Soul Belongs to the Mountains.....

Quote Originally Posted by Salty View Post
    No offence to the OP but I'll believe this just like any other 3rd hand heard from a reliable source situation - when I see it.

Having said that if they do it.. meh. No big deal to me and I can't see it overly hampering anyone, we do have 3 species of deer in the province if someone relies on a lot of deer meat. My personal obs in the south interior is mule deer numbers seem to be on the rise in the last 10 years not decline, take that for what it is, but I know there's issues further north. But if this is in fact going to happen and if its because of data the bios have, maybe concerns about potential easier hunting in the near future because of the burns or whatever else I'm good with it, as long as there's science behind it and not politics.
    I too have been told this is under consideration from sources within the ministry. Weather its true or not but I am sure it is on the table for discussion