Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 LastLast

Thread: Provincial mule deer bag limit changes for 2018 season

Re: Provincial mule deer bag limit changes for 2018 season

1 mule deer is lots if your family is large and you need more then get the hole family involved (family 4-4 deer) and standardize season to spread pressure province wide Sept 10-Dec10

Quote Originally Posted by stan View Post
    Nov 25 to dec 10 archery for mule deer is also going bye bye.
    Heard the same thing.
    That is the season I'm going to miss the most.

Alligning with region 4??
    https://oceola.ca/
    http://bcwf.net/index.php
    http://www.wildsheepsociety.net/

I Give my Heart to my Family....
    My Mind to my Work.......
    But My Soul Belongs to the Mountains.....

1 mule deer is lots if your family is large and you need more then get the hole family involved (family 4-4 deer) and standardize season to spread pressure province wide Sept 10-Dec10
    I tend to agree, especially with the harmonizing of seasons accross the province. If there really is a concern with population numbers, get rid of the LEH for does. However, if this is all just a response to hunters complaining because it's a little more challenging to find a good buck, then this won't accomplish much I'm afraid. As has been said countless times already, habitat is the key. Road deactivation is great but I see so many trails off road that more needs to be done. Fines should be steeper, and more COs are required in the bush.

I hope region 3 goes on LEH for mule deer.
    Why would you want that?

If numbers are low why wouldn’t the any buck season or the youth seasons disappear, instead of the 4 point archery season, arrows don’t kill many bucks anyway. Region 8 I’m referring too.

If numbers are low why wouldn’t the any buck season or the youth seasons disappear, instead of the 4 point archery season, arrows don’t kill many bucks anyway. Region 8 I’m referring too.
    Because this is BC

The majority of mule deer bucks are killed during the any buck season. Reducing that season would get you the most bang for the buck...so to speak.
    It's too early to tell what other changes are coming.
    https://oceola.ca/
    http://bcwf.net/index.php
    http://www.wildsheepsociety.net/

I Give my Heart to my Family....
    My Mind to my Work.......
    But My Soul Belongs to the Mountains.....

The archery season is any buck.

Buck:doe ratios are quite good in region 8. Only a couple of MUs out of 20ish are below target, and none of those are below conservation levels.

We've got lots of sperm in region 8. If we want more mule deer, we need habitat. Nothing else will make any difference.
    Quote Originally Posted by chevy
    Sorry!!!! but in all honesty, i could care less,, what todbartell! actually thinks
    Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    but man how much pepporoni can your arshole take anyways !

"
    I think the differing opinions is coming from the hunting community being multifaceted.
    You have people who feed their families with little bucks, you have people who only shoot big bucks, you have guide outfitters who just want to screw over the resident hunters, recently we have what I call "hippie hunters" and still other types of hunters so its not surprising why their not all one voice.
    Lets not lose sight of the fact that the government of this province has done nothing whatsoever to improve life for ungulates in this province, instead of making laws for resident hunters to follow they need to create legislation in regards to road deactivation after all silviculture work is complete in recently logged area's, in many cases these forest companies are controlled by foreigners.
    I for one am dumbfounded by the lack of fingers pointing at this offending entity and their lack of stewardship is appalling.

The best thing to happen this spring is the flooding which washed out roads and bridges limiting access to otherwise road infested backcountry, all hunters must agree on road deactivation and the fact that the people who govern this province need to do something, and anything is better than nothing which is what we have now, we dont need to curtail the resident hunters any further."

I agree with most of this. But there are other groups you left out, such as old guys with bad hearts who need to be able to access the back roads and trails so they have an opportunity to harvest something.
    Your point about lack of action by those responsible for management, and lack of funding to go along with that is dead on.
    Last edited by Island Idiots; 11-20-2017 at 03:09 PM.
    " We must strive to touch the land gently and care for it as true stewards, that those who follow us and assess our record may see that our mark on the land was one of respect and love, not cruelty and disdain."

Robert B. Oetting

Proud BC Resident Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by Fisher-Dude View Post
    The archery season is any buck.

Buck:doe ratios are quite good in region 8. Only a couple of MUs out of 20ish are below target, and none of those are below conservation levels.

We've got lots of sperm in region 8. If we want more mule deer, we need habitat. Nothing else will make any difference.
    Only interested in mature 4 points so I don’t care.