Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Provincial mule deer bag limit changes for 2018 season

Re: Provincial mule deer bag limit changes for 2018 season

Let's just get rid of hunting season. I actually really like shooting 2 mulies a year. One usually a fork. But phuck it Texaswalker doesn't like traffic.

Quote Originally Posted by bloody bellies View Post
    get rid of any buck in October, it's a slaughter fest, its a joke watching spikes and 2 points getting killed everywhere,
    i'll vote for this, just tell me where.

some areas are dying too quickly to still be supporting an entire month of any buck killing.

Quote Originally Posted by wos View Post
    I agree we need to scrap the 4 point thing and make it 5 or better.
    That's crazy talk.

Even the government knows how frustrating blacktails are....they made and exception for them lol fml

make october 3 point or better, then the small bucks can survive and you also don't get a bunch of big 3 points running around

let's do like moose and shoot only 2 pointers. That way we protect the big mature bucks from trophy hunters and they will survive to breed and also the dumb spikers and three pointers can have a fighting chance. I hear that this will certainly save the downward trend in overall population numbers. Reputable source is where I got that.

I have no problem with restricting Mule deer to one deer, just cause I like them. Based on what I know, I feel they are more susceptible to hunters than whitetail bucks, their overall numbers are lower and they are proving to be less resilient as a species than whities. My opinion only. But for those of us in the know, restricting buck harvest based on point restrictions is a total crock of shite and simply social management. Not scientific.
    There was a time I thought all parties that cared for wildlife and habitat conservation could find common ground. I was wrong. Adapt....

That's crazy talk.
    think about how low the hunting pressure would be. And we could probably keep hunting season open all year.

There is a reason BC is one of the last places with point restrictions on MD. It is bad for genetics and is poor for trophy quality. Any buck season is best for all hunters especially if it changes to 1 MD a year bag limit

Most of North America restricts the number of MD harvested instead of age class and have a 1 MD a year limit. This creates better trophy quality and higher buck to doe ratio.

The other issue with point restrictions is hunter error or slobs really. 3-32 made the paper because of the amount of bucks shot and left during 4 pt season by idiots who cant count

This also causes hunters to be more conservative about what they harvest because they only get 1 chance. True meat hunters will still take the first legal deer but you will also see more hunters willing to hold out because it is the only MD they can take

restricting the number of bucks taken vs point restrictions lowering the bag limit is way superior form of management for trophy class and herd health

To those who love 4pt season please tell me how this benifits hunters and deer? Explain why this was abandoned across most if not all of North America as a management tool even when trophy management is top goal

Excellent Post Wild one. Make all of regions 3 - 8 any buck but only one a year. Would spread out the pressure, help genetics and allow the hunter to decide on his or her priorities.
    I don't shoot innocent animals... Just the ones that look guilty!

This is all crazy talk! we need to cancel any buck season entirely, same with 4 point season and replace them both with a 2 day long piebald only deer season. We should cancel out most of our hunting opportunities, cause we know its final and we wont ever get them back with the state of our governments. It's hard out there for PETA and other anti-hunters, we should help them out more often. Besides, protecting, building new, and improving habitat is all BS anyway.