Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11192021

Thread: Provincial mule deer bag limit changes for 2018 season

Re: Provincial mule deer bag limit changes for 2018 season

Quote Originally Posted by 338win mag View Post
    One mule deer for the resident hunter, and two bucks for G/O, that way there will be more opportunity for G/O and their clients, makes sense.
    Maybe the G/O should have their opportunities curtailed 1st before citizens of this province get screwed again, and the more I think about it, smells a little fishy to me.
    7 mule deer have been killed by non residents in the Kamloops area in the last decade.
    "If you ever go into the bush, there are grizzly bears lurking behind just about every bush, waiting to pounce, so you need a powerful gun, with huge bullets" - Gatehouse ~ 2004

Quote Originally Posted by todbartell View Post
    7 mule deer have been killed by non residents in the Kamloops area in the last decade.
    LOL, I was being sarcastic, I dont know how many mule deer are killed by G/O, doesnt matter, they should be curtailed the same as resident hunters, or more so.

Quote Originally Posted by Darksith View Post
    how many people shoot more than 1 mule deer...I reckon it isn't that many.
    Most recent study of harvest stats that I saw showed less than 4% of hunters shoot a second mule deer.
    Quote Originally Posted by chevy
    Sorry!!!! but in all honesty, i could care less,, what todbartell! actually thinks
    Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    but man how much pepporoni can your arshole take anyways !

Quote Originally Posted by Fisher-Dude View Post
    Most recent study of harvest stats that I saw showed less than 4% of hunters shoot a second mule deer.
    This, and the fact that it is only a small portion I assume of hunters who have success yearly, year after year, and
    most likely, hunting for "meat bucks"
    (like me, I have the opportunity, but still don't let the pin go....conservation at it's extreme...lol....my choice).
    And then I am "assuming"? ....that those who do have success yearly, are for the most part
    "Locals"...because they have the opportunity to get out there easier, more often, and learn terrain and honey holes,
    if they apply themselves properly.
    I find it surprising that some think it's us LM's that do all the "game removing" in Region to Region.
    Have there ever been studies on seeing if people from the same regions, say someone in Kamloops, and his/her
    success rate in R3, as compared to someone who comes from R2 to hunt R3, and how many days on average
    they hunt?
    Just asking, but, it isn't hunting as to why we have game # problems right now.
    Wish people would just see that placing more "hunting restrictions" is the "easiest " thing that the ministry can
    do, and the cheapest way.....but not the "right way" or what is needed to actually bring those #'s back up.