Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1018192021 LastLast

Thread: Provincial mule deer bag limit changes for 2018 season

Re: Provincial mule deer bag limit changes for 2018 season

Quote Originally Posted by stan View Post
    Only interested in mature 4 points so I don’t care.
    You can hunt them from Sept 1 to Nov 10 with your bow. Season's open, fill your boots.

For the other 99% of bow hunters who don't care that you want a "mature 4 point", the late archery season is any buck.
    Quote Originally Posted by chevy
    Sorry!!!! but in all honesty, i could care less,, what todbartell! actually thinks
    Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    but man how much pepporoni can your arshole take anyways !

Only thing most can agree on is they are not happy with the state of a BCs mule deer hunting

It's such a mess with the different directions hunters want to see there will be no agreement. Add in the common BC hunter fear of how the others may impact them personally. Along with the fear of any form of loss wether it's a day, bag limit change, or restrictions to what or how you can take a mule deer.

The trend with continue to be a mess

Once again it will be adjust to what happens to BCs regs and if I want improvement I will hunt outside of BC. I will have a better quality 7- 10 day hunt with number and quality of bucks then a whole season in BC lol.

Or I could spend more days, more $, and time of work for a lower quality/success rate in BC.

Quote Originally Posted by Fisher-Dude View Post
    If we want more mule deer, we need habitat. Nothing else will make any difference.
    I have started more than a couple posts stating this, and erase them. Habitat dwarfs the impact of other mule deer issues (FN, predators)

Anyways, for sure gonna be less opportunity.

Quote Originally Posted by 338win mag View Post
    I think the differing opinions is coming from the hunting community being multifaceted.
    You have people who feed their families with little bucks, you have people who only shoot big bucks, you have guide outfitters who just want to screw over the resident hunters, recently we have what I call "hippie hunters" and still other types of hunters so its not surprising why their not all one voice.
    Lets not lose sight of the fact that the government of this province has done nothing whatsoever to improve life for ungulates in this province, instead of making laws for resident hunters to follow they need to create legislation in regards to road deactivation after all silviculture work is complete in recently logged area's, in many cases these forest companies are controlled by foreigners.
    I for one am dumbfounded by the lack of fingers pointing at this offending entity and their lack of stewardship is appalling.

The best thing to happen this spring is the flooding which washed out roads and bridges limiting access to otherwise road infested backcountry, all hunters must agree on road deactivation and the fact that the people who govern this province need to do something, and anything is better than nothing which is what we have now, we dont need to curtail the resident hunters any further.
    This is the truth, if we deactivate not all, but more spur roads, it will help out our hunting greatly, and there won't be as much justification for more hunting regs restriction..

Hunting in a heavily hunted area in region 8 earlier this month, an area where there is a month long any buck season in October, and a generous youth buck season for all of September, in a area of good quality HABITAT, my partner and I counted 38 mule deer and 12 WT in exactly 4 hours of hunting, there were MD bucks observed (now minus 1 4 pointer)..habitat habitat habitat..

Quote Originally Posted by antlerking View Post
    1 mule deer is lots if your family is large and you need more then get the hole family involved (family 4-4 deer) and standardize season to spread pressure province wide Sept 10-Dec10
    1 mule deer is lots?

If one male adult (like myself), were to average 1lb of venison every 3 days over a year, that's 120lbs..

That's up to 3 two pointers right there...
    He's anything but a hunter.
    More like another, Rain Coast Sociopath Fraud. Living off the prevails of his chronic lies, like the rest of them...

It's an issue, because these sociopath environmentalist's, will dilute the facts.
    To the point you or Joe public, won't know them any more..
    They count on that big time..

Quote Originally Posted by Onesock View Post
    How many deer will the natives be able to shoot per year? Shouldnt let any whitemen hunt then they will be happy!!
    they have been hunting reg 5 heavy since the closure about sums it up

One mule deer for the resident hunter, and two bucks for G/O, that way there will be more opportunity for G/O and their clients, makes sense.
    Maybe the G/O should have their opportunities curtailed 1st before citizens of this province get screwed again, and the more I think about it, smells a little fishy to me.

Its smells fishy to have limitations imposed when these fires are going to produce good habitat for mule deer and other ungulates, when they haven't given it a chance.