Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Provincial mule deer bag limit changes for 2018 season

Re: Provincial mule deer bag limit changes for 2018 season

Why not have an online form you can fill out that reports region hunted,animals harvested,days hunted, number of animals seen and make it that hunters would want to take the time to fill out the form ex.have a special draw for elk or sheep during any season anywhere during any season it would cost tax payers 0 and they would receive more game counts then they would know what to do with

guest Guest

I've sent in recommendations for mandatory reporting of ALL species we hunt. Accountability by ALL, including FN ....., that said, you don't get a new license or Tags till said reports are filled out. In addition, to make false statements on said reports is a violation and subject to penalties .......
    This I am sure, is positive to help all Game Biologists and managers to make decisions based on results, reporting and science. Especially with the cutbacks to these people, and funding for surveys in recent years. Yet I am told , no their random surveys are accurate ..... Oh really? I'm also told we don't need more regulation, well, BC ungulates are at a turning point in my opinion, and ANY thing that's helpful, can't be a bad thing.
    Again, this recommendation goes NO where and falls on deaf ears.
    Truley Sad.

Quote Originally Posted by curly top View Post
    I've sent in recommendations for mandatory reporting of ALL species we hunt. Accountability by ALL, including FN ....., that said, you don't get a new license or Tags till said reports are filled out. In addition, to make false statements on said reports is a violation and subject to penalties .......
    This I am sure, is positive to help all Game Biologists and managers to make decisions based on results, reporting and science. Especially with the cutbacks to these people, and funding for surveys in recent years. Yet I am told , no their random surveys are accurate ..... Oh really? I'm also told we don't need more regulation, well, BC ungulates are at a turning point in my opinion, and ANY thing that's helpful, can't be a bad thing.
    Again, this recommendation goes NO where and falls on deaf ears.
    Truley Sad.
    Mall for mandatory reporting and would be helpful but when you lack solid population numbers it is only partial info needed. In my opinion the overall population numbers being used in BC are more inaccurate then the numbers harvested

I would like to see how many hunter surveys are actually returned most people have to busy of lives to take the time to complete them I'm willing to bet especially with nothing to gain . Also the information that is asked is very minimal

Quote Originally Posted by antlerking View Post
    I would like to see how many hunter surveys are actually returned most people have to busy of lives to take the time to complete them I'm willing to bet especially with nothing to gain . Also the information that is asked is very minimal
    Then add in the guys who lie on them hoping to skew the data.

[QUOTE=Wild one;1953510]Then add in the guys who lie on them hoping to skew the data.

You think it happens a lot ?
    BLACKRIFLESMATTER

Quote Originally Posted by curly top View Post
    Build Habitat habitat habitat, road deactivation, be rid of any buck season, kill more predators bear, coyote, wolf, cats, stop the year round slaughter of any deer by a certain group.

All the above would be a start.
    #1 issue

Lots of great habitat created with the logging, but damn man deactivate the frickin ROADS!
    Christopher Hitchens: "What can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence."
    Jonathan Swift: “It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into.”

Why not have an online form you can fill out that reports region hunted,animals harvested,days hunted, number of animals seen and make it that hunters would want to take the time to fill out the form ex.have a special draw for elk or sheep during any season anywhere during any season it would cost tax payers 0 and they would receive more game counts then they would know what to do with
    ever filled out your hunter survey that comes in the mail????

Except this online "form" is quite expensive. Even if a similar product exists already to be purchased the won't be cheap .... why? Because government has money and they know they can charge a good amount. And because all software for commercial use is crazy expensive. Likely it doesn't exist or has to be heavily modified so you're looking at major porting costs then huge maintenance costs, security audits etc etc.

I know it sounds simple but when it's a government level site... that stuff is expensive.

Having said that every government site or app out there is a piece of sh** because government isn't about software and all the contracted companies and outsourcing result in crap products at hugely inflated prices.

Source: built sh**y apps for a branch in the government for a few years.

No general opening for any buck ,4 point leh and Oct 31 closure. Wait for it its coming!