Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Provincial mule deer bag limit changes for 2018 season

Re: Provincial mule deer bag limit changes for 2018 season

Quote Originally Posted by TexasWalker View Post
    Because I live in Kamloops and the amount of people in the bush during October is insane.
    Also, I'm an asshole.
    Completely RIGHT on Both Accounts ! RJ

Quote Originally Posted by curly top View Post
    Build Habitat habitat habitat, road deactivation, be rid of any buck season, kill more predators bear, coyote, wolf, cats, stop the year round slaughter of any deer by a certain group.

All the above would be a start.
    Going to be very difficult to recruit new hunters without any buck season.Till i see some serious inventory check i'm not buying this we had tough hunting this year there were lots of dear around but they were knockturnal.
    BCWF
    CCFR

“I prefer the saddle to the streetcar and star sprinkled sky to a roof, the obscure and difficult trail, leading into the unknown, to any paved highway, and the deep peace of the wild to the discontent bred by cities…it is enough that I am surrounded by beauty.”
    - Everett Ruess

Quote Originally Posted by REMINGTON JIM View Post
    Completely RIGHT on Both Accounts ! RJ
    That's twice you've agreed with me in the last few weeks.
    I feel dirty.

Quote Originally Posted by Buck View Post
    Going to be very difficult to recruit new hunters without any buck season.Till i see some serious inventory check i'm not buying this we had tough hunting this year there were lots of dear around but they were knockturnal.
    Who gives a shit about new hunters and their instant gratification attitude.
    So tired of hearing crap like this.

guest Guest

get real, Hunt the White Tail then, after all, the WT are expanding every where, and are huge contributors to pushing Mulies out. Plus, perhaps your New hunters harvesting the little dummy spike and two point MD has contributed to its huge decrease in population.

Hunting for for new and old isn't about harvest, it's about experiences and enjoying the great outdoors. Three NEW hunters in my family have just all harvested their first critters ........ All White Tail ....... In what was a dominate area for Mule deer in days gone by.
    Last edited by guest; 11-17-2017 at 09:35 AM.

Keep hearing the WT scape goat you ever think WT are expanding into these areas because the habitat is ideal for them and with MD on the decline makes it easier to fill the void

How come parts of BC held healthy populations of both for many years with no issues. Many places outside BC hold healthy populations of both. But MD are on the decline in BC so and WT are not so it must be the WT.

Nocturnal deer still leave tracks and there aren’t too many deer tracks being made in the snow right compared to past years.

Quote Originally Posted by curly top View Post
    get real, Hunt the White Tail then, after all, the WT are expanding every where, and are huge contributors to pushing Mulies out. Plus, perhaps your New hunters harvesting the little dummy spike and two point MD has contributed to its huge decrease in population.

Hunting for for new and old isn't about harvest, it's about experiences and enjoying the great outdoors. Three NEW hunters in my family have just all harvested their first critters ........ All White Tail ....... In what was a dominate area for Mule deer in days gone by.
    Thats all great but where we hunt there are no whitetail and i would not like to see opportunity lost based on i don't see as many deer as i used too.
    BCWF
    CCFR

“I prefer the saddle to the streetcar and star sprinkled sky to a roof, the obscure and difficult trail, leading into the unknown, to any paved highway, and the deep peace of the wild to the discontent bred by cities…it is enough that I am surrounded by beauty.”
    - Everett Ruess

Quote Originally Posted by Wild one View Post
    Keep hearing the WT scape goat you ever think WT are expanding into these areas because the habitat is ideal for them and with MD on the decline makes it easier to fill the void

How come parts of BC held healthy populations of both for many years with no issues. Many places outside BC hold healthy populations of both. But MD are on the decline in BC so and WT are not so it must be the WT.
    Maybe the whitetail are a little tougher to hunt?

Quote Originally Posted by bearvalley View Post
    Nocturnal deer still leave tracks and there aren’t too many deer tracks being made in the snow right compared to past years.
    Thats my point lots of track in our area we hunted in snow for the whole time.There were wolves around i killed a couple and lots of does and fawns but the Bucks were staying well hidden even though they were around.
    BCWF
    CCFR

- Everett Ruess