Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Provincial mule deer bag limit changes for 2018 season

Re: Provincial mule deer bag limit changes for 2018 season

Quote Originally Posted by Sirloin View Post
    You want better hunting? make more animals.
    Which starts with better habitat. The fires from this summer will help, the province Need more burns with limited access. Is there stats available for buck to doe ratios for different areas that is suggesting a decline in bucks? or harvest stats specific to the any buck season?
    "If you ever go into the bush, there are grizzly bears lurking behind just about every bush, waiting to pounce, so you need a powerful gun, with huge bullets" - Gatehouse ~ 2004

Dont forget to hold the forest companies accountable, they caused most of the resident hunters woes in the first place, and if a government was deserving of being elected then they should hold them accountable and put some of their profits back into undoing what they have done.

^^ BC doesnt seem to operate with data. Trends and emotion is the decision model.
    There is a petition going around in the EK "by hunters" to request the closure of quite a number of
    seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by todbartell View Post
    Which starts with better habitat. The fires from this summer will help, the province Need more burns with limited access. Is there stats available for buck to doe ratios for different areas that is suggesting a decline in bucks? or harvest stats specific to the any buck season?
    What good is a fire if everyone is allowed to drive around the endless road network and shoot everything?

Quote Originally Posted by J_T View Post
    ^^ BC doesnt seem to operate with data. Trends and emotion is the decision model.
    There is a petition going around in the EK "by hunters" to request the closure of quite a number of
    seasons.
    Real smart.

When I was a kid, late 1950's early 1960's, mule deer were abundant and practically everywhere in the W. Kootenays (MU 4). Today, mulies are hard to find, even though I know that there are some out there somewhere. Recently there was news about the perilous state that the mountain caribou are in, and intentions to save them. Good luck to them as well as the mule deer! I don't know for certain, or how you feel about it, but I hope that something is done about deactivating old logging roads, clear-cut logging and those annoying snow machines that do these two species no good at all whatsoever. I'm not too happy about the Thompson and Chilcotin river steelhead situation as well. I think I'll have another beer now. Just a gripe that I have to get out of my gut.
    They'll never end hunting...may make it illegal, but they'll never really kill that way of life!

No offence to the OP but I'll believe this just like any other 3rd hand heard from a reliable source situation - when I see it.

Having said that if they do it.. meh. No big deal to me and I can't see it overly hampering anyone, we do have 3 species of deer in the province if someone relies on a lot of deer meat. My personal obs in the south interior is mule deer numbers seem to be on the rise in the last 10 years not decline, take that for what it is, but I know there's issues further north. But if this is in fact going to happen and if its because of data the bios have, maybe concerns about potential easier hunting in the near future because of the burns or whatever else I'm good with it, as long as there's science behind it and not politics.
    its gonna take a life time to hunt and fish all this

Sirloin...that is like holy cow,,,with mule rack..ausrhire looking animal...maybe hanging with cows whole summer,,hybride type i guess
    did ya check tits too??
    Btw just fine animal....whatever it was congrats...f!!!gun

One more thing...did it die for hearth attac no holes no blood
    Last edited by finngun; 11-16-2017 at 07:37 PM.

Im happy with 1 deer per season...really like quality meat,,,like young buck,,spiker just fine,,no need 100lb meat,but if somebody needs it,,i dont care..i'm shooting smaller games too,,quakies ,,grouse ..wabbitt,,etc.i been eating doves too..very good..not from city,,but farm ones..

Well can we say ,,,like if ya need more than 1 deer,,,,first shoot 1 wolf, or 3 yotes ,,then ya get secend deer tag.?anyone like that idea??

Increase the vehicle restrictions in all MU's. Way to much access to sensitive areas with the ORV's. Close the season during rut period. Let the MD do their business in peace. Limit the opportunities when they are most vulnerable.