Thread: USA grizzly

USA grizzly

Hey folks ...I was just watching a short film about the reintroduction of grizzly into the north cascades....It has me thinking that those bears or atleast some will start moving north into chilliwack/hope area....and yes I know there are already some there but with these border jumping bears lol..the population is gonna go through the roof in years to come...am I wrong with this assumption?

2. Site Sponsor

Re: USA grizzly

The grizzlies should pay for the wall

I think the area has certain carrying capacity and will only sustain that population. It's like saying someone builds a three bedroom house on the lot next door and then those folks moving into your three bedroom house too.
    Last edited by Greenthumbed; 11-16-2017 at 06:53 AM.

I am surprised they would need to reintroduce Grizz into the Cascades because as you said, they are already there. Wouldn't the natural dispersal of the Canadian bears achieve the same end?

Back in June the Fish and Wildlife in Montana, Wyoming and Idaho wanted to remove Griz from the endangered/threatened list. But I never heard what happened. They've been trying for a couple years to get them off.

Maybe the tree huggers will save the bears in Yellowstone and move them to the Cascades

^ What greenthumbed said. All about carrying capacity. Once the carrying capacity is exceeded, the bears will set out to seek new refuge. Next thing you know we'll have grizz popping up in Cultas, wouldn't that be something!

^^^^^exactly....right now there isnt near capacity grizz pop levels around chilliwack and hope....lots of room for growth...wonder when the numbers will start growing....it has to grow...not much other then black bears they would have to deal with....bears to the north and east of lower mainland....now coming up from the south too lol....all the tree huggers migjt have to start dealing with the bears they try protecting....wont that be a site lol