Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: First Year Grizzly Hunting Story (Long)

Re: First Year Grizzly Hunting Story (Long)

Quote Originally Posted by firebird View Post
    How big do you think both the bears were!?

My point is its natural food. Natural for bears as natural as nuts or regrowth for deer and moose. The definition reads as NON natural placed foods (including meat) but a natural kill..... And are you going back to walk in on him again over it!! lol I don't know if i would next time knowing what you do now, incase he's not going to play nice next time. I wouldn't want to meat an angry bear in blow down. You could be crossing over trees right over top him.
    Good stuff, have fun with the conversation!

Great experience to bad you didn't get the bear.Interesting A Grizz would be out longer than a Black.
    BCWF
    CCFR

“I prefer the saddle to the streetcar and star sprinkled sky to a roof, the obscure and difficult trail, leading into the unknown, to any paved highway, and the deep peace of the wild to the discontent bred by cities…it is enough that I am surrounded by beauty.”
    - Everett Ruess

You should send those pics of the black bear into the media so all the tree huggers that want to protect them can see first hand what grizzlys are really like in nature...

I as thinking the exact same thing.
    Try to be the person your dog thinks you are.

What a cool find! As mentioned earlier you're very lucky the bear didn't go into protective mode.. Few things in the North American bush are more dangerous than a grizzly on his kill. Awesome stuff. Hope to see a successful grizz hunt post from you in the future!!

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by buckshot View Post
    I don't get where the Op implies that he returns to the kill site later in hopes of finding the bear??? If you spot a bear in a berry patch and go back there the next day with a bear tag, is it baiting?
    Come on people, let members tell their stories as they happened and enjoy the read!
    Very cool story Anonymoose! Hopefully the people of BC will come to their senses and never put NDP/Green at the helm again.
    The part where he returns to the kill has all ready been removed/edited.

I'm just the messenger here guys. Pretty sure it wasn't too long ago that a guide was charged and convicted for doing the exact same thing with a moose carcass. Look, I ain't here to give this guy grief, and I did my best to convey that with the words I chose. I believe what he did was not exactly legal, and I believe it was likely an honest mistake. We've all made them, and we all should be able to learn from them.

And what LBM said.....

Quote Originally Posted by firebird View Post
    How big do you think both the bears were!?
    My point is its natural food. Natural for bears as natural as nuts or regrowth for deer and moose. The definition reads as NON natural placed foods (including meat) but a natural kill..... And are you going back to walk in on him again over it!! lol I don't know if i would next time knowing what you do now, incase he's not going to play nice next time. I wouldn't want to meat an angry bear in blow down. You could be crossing over trees right over top him.
    Quote Originally Posted by buckshot View Post
    I don't get where the Op implies that he returns to the kill site later in hopes of finding the bear??? If you spot a bear in a berry patch and go back there the next day with a bear tag, is it baiting?
    Come on people, let members tell their stories as they happened and enjoy the read!
    Very cool story Anonymoose! Hopefully the people of BC will come to their senses and never put NDP/Green at the helm again.
    Quote Originally Posted by LBM View Post
    The part where he returns to the kill has all ready been removed/edited.
    The measure of a man is not how much power he has, it's how he wields it.

guest Guest

Quote Originally Posted by russm86 View Post
    You should send those pics of the black bear into the media so all the tree huggers that want to protect them can see first hand what grizzlys are really like in nature...
    Bingo, send it!

Quote Originally Posted by russm86 View Post
    No need. The Grizzly was clearly not trophy hunting as he had consumed part of the meat so what he did is acceptable.....or ...wait a minute...... he left part of the kill and did not transport it back to his den so he IS a Trophy hunter..........No...... wait a minute.......correct that.... he did leave the head and pelt and claws so he ISN'T a trophy hunter........buuuut he DID try to bury it, so you know he was gonna come back and eat the rest....... awwww crap, now I'm gettin a headache...........

I also would not interprete a natural food source to be included as baiting.

If not, we would have to stop hunting them anywhere you would expect to find them. Fresh greens in avalanche chutes.. bait. Marmot congregations.. bait. Berry patches... bait.
    waterholes... bait. Grassy fields.. bait.

Where woild you hunt them? Sand dunes?

Bait means food left in place intentially by a human in my eyes. I have a hard time calling another hunters gut pile bait but I do know that has resulted in charges. Imo a gut pile woild not meet the definition of bait as it was not left with the intention of baiting.