Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: bitter sweet...

Re: bitter sweet...

That's heartbreaking to hear but I'm glad he left doing what he loved. My condolences to you srupp and to his family.

Condolences, SRUPP.

We lost my mom to cancer this year, and although skipping the final stages of significant suffering would obviously have been desirable, there is something to be said for being able to come to terms with the fact she would be going and having a chance to all say goodbye. Losing good people is hard either way. Hopefully the fact he was enjoying life right until the end is some consolation to his family and friends.

Whonnock for 19 years, Mission for 46 years

Although it's always sad when someone close to us passes, some people have a difficult time with the reality
    that we all die, some sooner than others. Most of us don't get to choose that time, but passing while doing
    something we love to do, or going in our sleep, is my choice for sure. I've lost many relatives and friends, some
    died suddenly while others after lengthy and painful circumstances....neither way is pleasant.

Just the time I was out hunting I was wondered how many guys suffer heart attacks either when aiming down on an animal or when dragging it out. I guess it happens. I'd rather die in the bush than in a hospital bed any day... I wonder if my family would disagree?