Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Vancouver Island Hunting

Re: Vancouver Island Hunting

do you live here? if so keep at it.... eventually you will piece something together.... lots of big deer get shot in those areas you mentioned....
    if you don't live here,,, your money is better spent else where.... unless you are just bombing around with a friend....

aside from the fact Blacktails are called Ghosts for a damned good reason... you get the gates..... and you get the high density of hunters..... and you get the weather... the island is the proving ground for patience and dedication in Hunting.
    anyone can go to the interior blind and shoot a mulie or whitetail..... but you not going to just come here blind and shoot an Island Blacktail...

Quote Originally Posted by 835 View Post
    do you live here? if so keep at it.... eventually you will piece something together.... lots of big deer get shot in those areas you mentioned....
    if you don't live here,,, your money is better spent else where.... unless you are just bombing around with a friend....

aside from the fact Blacktails are called Ghosts for a damned good reason... you get the gates..... and you get the high density of hunters..... and you get the weather...and you get the predators, wolves, bears, cougars & the Keepers of the night with their billion lumen spot lights poaching 365 days a year, with gate keys to the Islands gates, the island is the proving ground for patience and dedication in Hunting.
    anyone can go to the interior blind and shoot a mulie or whitetail..... but you not going to just come here blind and shoot an Island Blacktail...
    .................................................. fixed it for you

I was trying to give the guy some hope Mike...

I think right now they are easy pickins. Yesterday at work ( Shawnigan lake area) I had 4 bucks hanging out within 100’ from me. Also with one doe. Three of em were about 40’ away at one point. Then they bedded down for an hour or so. I was making noise etc as I’m framing a house. I took pictures and videos and will see about posting them later on. I also say another fork buck on the way home.

Quote Originally Posted by 835 View Post
    I was trying to give the guy some hope Mike...
    Dru, its better if he has the same sense of despair that the rest of us experience lol

your framing a house... ergo Subdivision.... they don't count!
    I drove by 2 Massive 120ish bucks walking through my parking lot at work 2 weeks ago.... !

The town bucks and the bush bucks are 2 completely different creatures..... Don't think that because you see some bucks standing in peoples yards that look like easy pickings that they will be that way out in the cut blocks....Not even close!

5x5 within 10 feet at work. No chance of catching guys like this out of town @ 10 ft

It is weird walking past a 150 lb 5 point in my front yard to drive 2 hours and be happy to take a 100 lb fork in legal hunting land.

Hunting the Island for 9 years. First 5 years, lots of deer hunts that turned into grouse hunts that turned into mushroom picks...0 deer taken. Last 4 years, 8 deer taken... 5 bucks, 3 does and still 3 weeks to hunt this season. Many grouse and pounds of delicious Chantrelles and Matsutaki plundered.

I've had the same set of tires for 5 years but I've worn out 4 pairs of boots.

Keep your spots secret and get out of the truck.

Love this place. Add another buck from this morning.

cwf
    Last edited by Spirit's Master; 11-22-2017 at 03:56 PM. Reason: math is hard
    'try not, do or do not, there is no try'-YODA

http://pdgf.pitapata.com/UT71m7.png

http://pdgf.pitapata.com/Tx3Zm7.png