Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Knock out Buck

Re: Knock out Buck

Yeah.. always be wary of "dead" things. I remember years ago the forman of the highways crew at Slim creek threw a dead bear cub in the back of his truck that he spotted in the ditch. 20 minutes later his pick up is rocking around Sure enough, the little bugger came to and was fine. He took it back to camp and let it loose in a fenced area. He called the game warden but that lead to a bunch of nothing happening, SIX months later! he's still got the damn thing! lol it was a kinder gentler time back then in the 80s, probably cause a federal inquiry now adays. I actually played with the thing a bit he was about the size of a medium sized german shepherd by then and liked to circle around you a time or two and then come at you with a play lunge teeth a clackin, scared the hell out of me.. only tried that once. Think it ended up in Van in a zoo or something. He named him Dusty cause he was quite a dirty mess when he got picked up
    its gonna take a life time to hunt and fish all this

As mean as this sounds, I kinda wish that the people petting the thing would've gotten an antler poke to the arm or something, and then have it plastered all over social media as a warning NOT TO GET CLOSE TO A WILD ANIMAL even if it is injured.

An old neighbor of mine used to drive a milk truck from the EK to the Okanagan. He had a big Whitetail buck run in front of his semi, poor thing bounced right off the grill and was thrown a good 80 feet plus down the road and into the opposite lane. He stopped his truck and went to drag it over to the side of the road when the buck came alive, got to his feet, staggered a little, than ran into the bush at top speed like nothing happened.
    caddisguy "I worry about predators wanting to eat me or bucks trying to take my manhood. "How was your hunting trip honey" ... "wahh I don't want to talk about it... sob ""

These animals hit on the road usually get up and then run away. They usually go about 300 yards on adrenaline and then find a spot to lay down to die from their internal injuries. Crazy how that one was out for so long. Glad no one was hurt.

Had a raccoon come out of a garden just off 200th the other night after going out for dinner, he wasn't knocked out and he sure didn't suffer, He emerged at the worst possible time and there was no way I could've missed him, I was surprised how much I noticed the truck going over him.