Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: BCWF- Changes at the BCWF

BCWF- Changes at the BCWF

The past quarter has seen major change within the BCWF leadership team, with the board of directors accepting resignations from the president, treasurer and director of operations.

The BCWF remains resilient and is adapting to these changes by drawing on its greatest asset--dedicated volunteers who have enormous heart when it comes to the integrity and success of the organization.

Vice-president Harvey Andrusak has taken on the president’s role and recruited several BCWF past-presidents to join the board executive.
    Bill Bosch (president 2012-2014) and Les Husband (president 1998-2000) fill in the two vacated vice-president positions.

Completing the current board of directors’ executive is past president George Wilson and Victor Skaarup, CPA, CGA who stepped up from director to take on the treasurer role.

The interim director of corporate operations position has been held by Brenton Froehlich, who resigned from his vice-president role to assist under contract the organization through this transition.

Brenton worked closely with programs manager Charlene Kerr, director of finance Rakesh Saini, and treasurer and current acting director of corporate operations Victor Skaarup.

A board committee interviewed 12 candidates for the position of director of corporate operations of the BC Wildlife Federation.

Ms. Tina Coleman was the successful candidate who will be responsible for day-to-day operations and will play a pivotal role in maintaining strategic linkages, effective communications and working relationships with other non-governmental organizations.

Tina Coleman will start in her new position December 4th.

This transition has been an opportunity for board and staff to focus on the federation’s priorities, and to strengthen our resources.

We are pleased to be able to resume posting on sites that are external to our organization, but deliver valuable information to engaged audiences, such as this Hunting BC forum.

We look forward to sharing what the BCWF has been up to, and in the meantime please don’t hesitate to get up to date by visiting www.bcwf.bc.ca and checking out the news and updates menu, or joining us on social media

Make sure to Like and Share us on Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/BCWildlifeFederation

Twitter- @BCWildlife

2. Site Sponsor

Re: BCWF- Changes at the BCWF

Onward and upward its a new day for the Fed.
    "BORN TO HUNT"
    Foxton's Cuervo Gold "KEELA" Oct. 2004-June 2017. Always in my blind and my heart.

Great to hear things are back on track!
    Harvey, Bill and Les are all stand up individuals!
    Thanks for stepping up.

SSS
    https://oceola.ca/
    http://bcwf.net/index.php
    http://www.wildsheepsociety.net/

I Give my Heart to my Family....
    My Mind to my Work.......
    But My Soul Belongs to the Mountains.....

Interesting. I haven't followed the BCWF drama closely so I rely on the opinions of others. Foxton and SSS are two I respect after reading their posts for a long time. I hope their vote is a sign that BCWF is leaving some of the drama behind and moving forward.
    Is Justin Competent, or just incompetent?

Haney,BC and anywhere you can hunt in BC out of the rain !

Quote Originally Posted by Stone Sheep Steve View Post
    Great to hear things are back on track!
    Harvey, Bill and Les are all stand up individuals!
    Thanks for stepping up.

SSS
    X2 good to hear for sure
    7mm PRC soon to be the most popular cartridge in North America

It will be interesting to see if Recruitment goes on the back burner and start to focus on better hunting practices.
    Many members have lost faith in the thinking that hunter harvest and hunter pressure has no effect on game populations.
    There will to be a continued drop in membership unless the BCWF starts to listen to the hunting community.
    Time will tell....

Sounds Good ! I HOPE for the Best as we really need the BCWF to be a GREAT Represenative and Voice of BC ! Time will tell RJ

Haney,BC and anywhere you can hunt in BC out of the rain !

Quote Originally Posted by REMINGTON JIM View Post
    Sounds Good ! I HOPE for the Best as we really need the BCWF to be a GREAT Represenative and Voice of BC ! Time will tell RJ
    I think the we need them more than ever these days !
    7mm PRC soon to be the most popular cartridge in North America

I don't believe the organization is out of the woods yet, with still more talk of further skeletons in the closet. Pretty hard to support an organization that can't seem to keep itself out of trouble. For that reason and many more, I will be advocating for the Mission Rod and Gun club to leave the Fed at the upcoming AGM. It is, what it is....
    The measure of a man is not how much power he has, it's how he wields it.

Quote Originally Posted by Whonnock Boy View Post
    I don't believe the organization is out of the woods yet, with still more talk of further skeletons in the closet. Pretty hard to support an organization that can't seem to keep itself out of trouble. For that reason and many more, I will be advocating for the Mission Rod and Gun club to leave the Fed at the upcoming AGM. It is, what it is....
    WELL Now Troy won't that JUST Help the VOICE out a Lot ! LETs hear about those SKELTONs in the Closet or is it just INTERNET BULLSHIT ?

Looking forward to a answer on this one . NOT i can't comment because - Thks RJ