Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Opinions on a situation that came up today.

Re: Opinions on a situation that came up today.

I saw the burns up that way today, I ran into a similar situation last week on the other end of town, all though they had burnt the day before and the slash piles were smoldering.

Word of advice, get back in there. I walked the cut block with and there was ample amounts of fresh sign, even this guy standing in the ashes as the slash pile smoldered...
    Last edited by Wrayzer; 11-13-2017 at 10:13 PM.

So are you mad that they burnt piles and there were only a couple days of moose season left? Or are you mad because you didn’t get a warning they were going to light them?

Just a bit confused as to what your issue is I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrayzer View Post
    I saw the burns up that way today, I ran into a similar situation last week on the other end of town, all though they had burnt the day before and the slash piles were smoldering.

Word of advice, get back in there. I walked the cut block with and there was ample amounts of fresh sign, even this guy standing in the ashes as the slash pile smoldered...
    Its quit possible he is standing there since he just got burnt out of were he was hibernating, some make it out alive some don't, some guys here check around to see if there is any evidence of bears or other animals in the slash piles before lighting them but think probable most don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Salty View Post
    Its a forestry road on forestry land things like this will happen. I'd just explain to the kids what slash burning is, what its benefits are for forestry and also how excellent animal forage is to come
    Agreed. Hard to account for everything that happens in the forest. As long as they do their work according to the regs and standards, not much you can really do about it.
    Regards,

Ltbullken
    Freelance Wildlife Population Manager
    Animals - If you can't eat 'em, wear 'em!