Took my daughters up to get some cedar and spruce bows for decorating, and while we were up the hill wanted to bring them into a spot that had a bunch of fresh sign over the last couple days.
First off all the girls were amazing they hiked in about half km and were super quiet(7,5, and 3 years old)
we get into the spot which showed plenty more fresh sign
as we are sitting there, one of my daughters notices smoke right behind us and quickly the smoke grew thick and all around us.
Packed up our things and started back down, through several slash piles that had been set ablaze.

There was 2 trucks parked next to mine and no one around(assuming they were out lighting more.) as I get the girls into the truck another truck pulls up and a guy wearing a Tolkien high vis gets out and jokes “hope you brought the hot dogs”.

i was a bit pissed off due to the fact there was no effort to make people in the area aware of what they were doing, and especially pissed off cause I had my daughters with me

An are all known for hunting and with a couple days left of Moose season this appears to be quite the dick move on their part.