Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Last trip of the season

Last trip of the season

Just got back from my last trip of the season i hunted hard for a mature mulie passed on multiple smaller bucks never seen a 4 point though hiked hours and km's only one weekend i didnt hunt since September another year of tag soup!

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Last trip of the season

Where’d you hunt?

Region 3 and 8 lillooet Ashcroft princeton lots of places and places ppl recommend on where i can find a mature buck lol every year its same story for me i got bad luck lol

Brandon, You dont have bad luck. You get out of the truck, walk half an hour, walk back, drive elsewhere and repeat. You don't scout enough. Your idea of "hunting hard" isn't actually that hard.

Sorry to lay the truth out but I feel like I need to point out that nobody is consistently lucky or consistently unlucky. Guys who shoot bucks every year shoot them because they are good hunters. And if you want to be one of them you must learn from your mistakes.

So having said that, what have you done differently this season compared to last? Or what do you wish you had done differently?

The recipe must change if your muffins are to change

I will walk in half hr or so and sit and wait for a few hrs and then road hunt around the area i have been walking around before i would only drive around like lots of other ppl i had seen with bucks this year i have learned to do alot more glassing ridges and waiting to see if anything moves before i would just slow down and look and see if i would see anything while driving
    And also my other trips in sept and oct i would hike for hours in to remote areas and have a base camp and hike in more and hike and glass ridges far from roads the last time i did that i met a guy coming out from there and he had shot a nice mulie just one ridge away in the alpine

With the number of areas you listed sounds like you might need to pick an area and stick with it instead of wondering. I am talking multiple seasons

I know a hunter who takes huge mule deer from one of the locations you listed every year. It's not luck it's knowledge of the area, the deers habits, their seasonal migration, and resident populations

Luck has very little to do with hunting

I shoot a small buck at the end of any buck every year in the same spot give or take a km or so i know the area very well
    Originally Posted by olympia
    if your worried bout ticks than you aint never been bit by a snake while pissing...try gettin your hunting partner to suck the poison out

Smile Re: Last trip of the season

Quote Originally Posted by twoSevenO View Post
    Brandon, You dont have bad luck. You get out of the truck, walk half an hour, walk back, drive elsewhere and repeat. You don't scout enough. Your idea of "hunting hard" isn't actually that hard.

Sorry to lay the truth out but I feel like I need to point out that nobody is consistently lucky or consistently unlucky. Guys who shoot bucks every year shoot them because they are good hunters. And if you want to be one of them you must learn from your mistakes.

So having said that, what have you done differently this season compared to last? Or what do you wish you had done differently?

The recipe must change if your muffins are to change
    This fella is being a bit on the negative I'd say ... You can get lucky year after year in multiple different spots . Keep your head up it will come in time. Here is one very small example I put out close to 30 cams a year focusing on a few species and my father who rarely gets out of the truck because he is older now has shot quite a few immys and he has more Muleys and whiteys on the wall than myself .

Quote Originally Posted by mulieaddiction View Post
    Just got back from my last trip of the season i hunted hard for a mature mulie passed on multiple smaller bucks never seen a 4 point though hiked hours and km's only one weekend i didnt hunt since September another year of tag soup!
    Nothing wrong with a season like that, attago. Sounds like you sure put in the time, most others are envious I'm sure.
    Never say whoa in the middle of a mud hole

just like the above said his father shoots a lot of nice bucks from his truck .a lot of game is shot off roads every year , the main thing is your having a good time out in the bush . good on you