Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2017 Hunting Trip

2017 Hunting Trip

Not in BC, but went back home to Alberta for a quick hunting trip. Got my first moose and an elk. Game populations sure are exploding over there. At least in the areas where we were hunting. Herds of 300+ elk everyday.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	85F9F64C-C31D-4250-953C-E3C10EB59328.jpg 
Views:	631 
Size:	21.0 KB 
ID:	6563   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	D97907BE-D23F-4994-BC2D-5D90CE47D57A.jpg 
Views:	672 
Size:	20.5 KB 
ID:	6564  

2. Site Sponsor

Re: 2017 Hunting Trip

Quote Originally Posted by chaser10 View Post
    Not in BC, but went back home to Alberta for a quick hunting trip. Got my first moose and an elk. Game populations sure are exploding over there. At least in the areas where we were hunting. Herds of 300+ elk everyday.
    That explains it all, they have been bussing them in from BC!

Great job!

Nice animals, very fortunate to have the opportunity to hunt Alberta. Open season? Or draw?
    “Be more concerned with your character than with your reputation. Your character is what you really are while your reputation is merely what others think you are.”

guest Guest

Nice looking critters, congrats, nice share.

Quote Originally Posted by chaser10 View Post
    Way different management out there

Miss hunting Alberta as a resident makes it worse getting sent pics from buddies every year

Quote Originally Posted by Wild one View Post
    Way different management out there

Miss hunting Alberta as a resident makes it worse getting sent pics from buddies every year
    Just curious ... what do they do differently over there?

I posted a similar question comparing our management to that of western USA states. Curious how BC and Alberta compare.

Quote Originally Posted by twoSevenO View Post
    Just curious ... what do they do differently over there?

I posted a similar question comparing our management to that of western USA states. Curious how BC and Alberta compare.
    I type too slow to get into it all but they are a lot more conservative on harvest and do manage with trophy class in mind. This forum is also not friendly to anything that may suggest that BC might be doing things wrong. Will cause too much drama posting on open forum

BCs management is to go for max allowable harvest but yet lack funding to properly keep track of populations.

Take a look at regs across North America and compare them to BC. Look into different management goals used as well

Lets not highjack the op thread and stop here but let's say a few years of living in Alberta was an eye opener for me

Congrats chaser!
    Game regs are one thing but its pretty hard to beat the east slope of the rockys for raising big game. We've got some in the Peace and not surprisingly a ton of ungulates. Alta has more, plus a ton of prairie which is another bread basket.
    its gonna take a life time to hunt and fish all this

Quote Originally Posted by Blainer View Post
    Nice animals, very fortunate to have the opportunity to hunt Alberta. Open season? Or draw?
    The elk is a general season and the moose was a draw. Usually am able to get my elk out of the zone every year. Moose is 10 year wait and I guess that explains why you see 50/day.

Quote Originally Posted by Salty View Post
    Congrats chaser!
    Game regs are one thing but its pretty hard to beat the east slope of the rockys for raising big game. We've got some in the Peace and not surprisingly a ton of ungulates. Alta has more, plus a ton of prairie which is another bread basket.
    Yes, its hard to beat the country back home. I hoping I can find something similar in BC next year. A lot of scouting in my future.