Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 20 Lb - 1Lb Propane adaptor

Re: 20 Lb - 1Lb Propane adaptor

Sorry Curly didn't see this section ? Yes used them and they work..already gave mine away little use for 1 Pounders..
    Cheers
    Steven

I use the adapter hose and all my things that ran on one pounders are hooked to a 10 pound bottle, lasts forever. I haven't tried one of those splicers yet that let u run 2 appliances at a time ie: lamp and heater

Thanks for posting that video, I always kept mine in the freezer. It's a pain, this is way better. We use a lot of one pounders in situations that a hose and a five pounder don't make sense. We haul a lot of water in the winter and use a torch a lot. I agree that if you can convert then go ahead and get a hose and tank, makes sense. Now all I need is forceps...

I have the little adaptor to refill the 1lb bottles, but I can't get any transfer at all. I've watched all the videos tried everything and I still can't refill the pounders. Has anyone else had this problem, maybe its a bad adaptor?

Any help would be appreciated, thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Frosty View Post
    I have the little adaptor to refill the 1lb bottles, but I can't get any transfer at all. I've watched all the videos tried everything and I still can't refill the pounders. Has anyone else had this problem, maybe its a bad adaptor?

Any help would be appreciated, thanks
    How new is your 20lb tank, if new in the last 10 yrs??? it has a saftey valve built in and it won't let the gas out as quick as you need it, all my 30 lbs are like that, you can open the valve with nothing attached and they shut off, something to think about.

There is a way around the new safety shutoffs. I use my adapters every day to refil the one pound bottles. Old tanks you could just crack the valve and go but the new tanks automatically close if you open it too fast. Open it as slowly as humanly possible, just crack it, then creeeeep it open, might only go a quarter turn but suuuuuuuper slowly, you will hear a steady gas flow then listen for the trickle of liquid into the tank, they sound different, then slowly open the valve a bit more. In one minute its full. It takes some practice but I do it every day, fill two bottles in less than five minutes, saves me a ton of money.

Thanks guys, I know there is a float in there, but all new tanks have them and most people are using newer tanks because of expiration. How is everyone able to fill the 1lbers still lol.

Firstblood I tried this and I could hear the trickle of liquid. But the trickle stops when I open the valve more. And I'm doing it super slow and tried many different times.

Appreciate the help

You have to let air/pressure ? out of the 1 lb tank as it is being filled . I use needle nose pliers to gently pull the relief valve .

Quote Originally Posted by Radoman View Post
    If you stick the 1 lbs. in your freezer for about 10 to 15 minutes and then fill it up it will fill it up.
    yes and the 20lb inside warm and purge the valve on the 1 lb.

Quote Originally Posted by Frosty View Post
    Thanks guys, I know there is a float in there, but all new tanks have them and most people are using newer tanks because of expiration. How is everyone able to fill the 1lbers still lol.

Firstblood I tried this and I could hear the trickle of liquid. But the trickle stops when I open the valve more. And I'm doing it super slow and tried many different times.

Appreciate the help
    Once you hear the trickle dont open it more, I usually only crack it less than a quarter turn. trickle will fill it. It took some getting used to but I do 4 tanks every morning so now its easy.