Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: 20 Lb - 1Lb Propane adaptor

Re: 20 Lb - 1Lb Propane adaptor

Quote Originally Posted by Busterpayton54 View Post
    Amazon, 1-2day delivery.
    got one. was crap. didn't work for 2 appliances. The pin is recessed way too far in and can't be depressed by the appliance regulator. Annoying.

Sent it back and new one arrived just today (diff manufacturer) will have to try it at lunch time and see.

I don’t have a freezer so had to come up with my own way of filling them. Took what I considered the good points off of YouTube and went from there. I never mess with the relief valve either. Never put in more than a pound. Start filling my own because I didn’t have room for a bottle in the galley on the boat. Used up a 30 pound bottle this summer. At around 9 bucks a pound for the canisters it didn’t take long to pay for the 25 dollar adapter. I bought mine off Amazon.
    In my opinion the danger lies in over filling and then getting the canister hot (leaving in the hot sun) which will cause it to blow off through the relief valve. If it does that around an ignition source,well you should know the rest of the story. Or over filling and getting liquid in the line to the burner. Flame on!!
    Done right there is no danger and you can save yourself a pile of money if you use lots like me.
    I’m sure as sure can be though that there will be a corner cutter out there that will hurt him or herself and that is why is why the practice is not encouraged.
    They are out there,they look like us,they talk like us, but they ain’t us.

Update, I returned the adapter hose off amazon and ordered a different brand one. Works fine now for my BBQ, buddy heater, and cooking stove

I got one from Amazon.ca for $7.95 .It came from China. Works great refill 1 lb cans all the time no issues .

Ended up getting a 10 ft hose with correct fitting from Canuck tire for $20...
    20lb tank and no getting up at night to change the 1 lb thimble...