Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 20 Lb - 1Lb Propane adaptor

guest Guest

20 Lb - 1Lb Propane adaptor

Hey everyone.
    has any one used the little valve that you can take a full 20lb bottle of Propane and Refill the little disposable bottles?
    Have you had any issues with them? Are they Safe to use?

Any recommendations? I seem them on line for about 20 bucks, but don't want Any safety issues .

thanks, I value your feedback.

CT

2. Site Sponsor

Re: 20 Lb - 1Lb Propane adaptor

http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/showth...=propane+tanks

there was a thread on it awhie back with comments from guys that refill them

just looked at the thread and there is even a you tube vid on it...i just bought an adapter hose from home depot to use on my catalitic heater instead of using the 1 pounders...thought about trying to use it for refilling but it wont due to male to male fittings.....one thing i have noticed about those 1 pounders is when you take off the attachment in below zero they tend to leak even when bran new
    Last edited by wideopenthrottle; 10-11-2018 at 02:53 PM.

Are they CSA approved? If not, their safety is debateable.
    Growing old is unavoidable. Growing up is highly overrated....

I couldnt seem to fill them up all the way. Seems like they would only get about 1/2 a pound in them. I picked up two five pound bottles from Canadian tire and two hoses. It takes 10 one pound bottles to pay for a five pound bottle. Then it's a buck a pound.

If you stick the 1 lbs. in your freezer for about 10 to 15 minutes and then fill it up it will fill it up.

I throw the empty ones in the freezer for about 15 minutes. I then attach to the 20lber and fill for about 1 minute or so. The gas flowing into the smaller bottle seems to slow down at the end. This only fills it up about half way. I then do it again for about 30 seconds. Don't know why but each time you do it you get more gas in it as opposed to just leaving it on the whole time.

I also weigh a new bottle and a empty one so I know how much gas to put in. I probably don't get them right full but most likely around 80%. I find a full 20lber to be the best for filling the little ones. Each time I fill the big one I fill a few. Of the little ones if required.

bhb
    Quote Originally Posted by BiG Boar View Post
    Are you M or F? Might get more takers with tits.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fD1CmorB_qM

this is the you tube of how to do it using the relief valve...it will not work with the hose i got at home depot ..
    Last edited by wideopenthrottle; 10-02-2018 at 06:27 AM.

I bought one in the states years ago and it works great.
    Proud Member of Team Gold Bond

Originally Posted by F***** D***
    some "people" tend to use the paneling in the living room to fuel their fires.
    Quote Originally Posted by hunter1947 View Post
    I think I do perrty good for only having grad 7 education

Quote Originally Posted by Radoman View Post
    If you stick the 1 lbs. in your freezer for about 10 to 15 minutes and then fill it up it will fill it up.
    You can fill them right up without freezing the bottle.
    Turn the 1 lb with the valve to 10 o clock and pull the
    valve and when you see liquid gas coming out it's full.
    WLM
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it. - Clint Eastwood
    "Lots of critters to still shoot. And there'll be no quitters until we bag some critters" - 180grainer
    "Politicians should wear sponsor jackets like Nascar drivers, then we know who owns them" - Robin Williams

Flush the Turd!

Located and residing on the unceded territory of European Settler's traditional land.
    Click here to learn more 🖕

guest Guest

Thanks fellas ........ I heard of these but have never used them. HBC ....... Hunters helping hunters.

Looks like I will be ordering one or two of these, good little item to give to buddies.