Thread: Australia ?

Australia ?

Might be going soon.
    Is there some kind of feral shoot a guy can go do there for fun, kangaroos or?? Yes I want to drive around at night and shoot kangaroos or goats or ? If it’s legal... or something along those lines.
    Also curious if anyone has done the great white shark cage diving thing and if so with who.
    Any other suggestions are welcome
    Originally Posted by averagejoe
    thats pretty cool. i bet you get close to those cats some time when there low in the tree hey. when do they have kittens?? do you ever see baby cougars in the tree or do they hide in her pouch?

Originally Posted by wideopenthrottle
    ....I guess some peeps think a mother griz is like a crack whore ready to drop her baby at the first church door she sees...funny

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Australia ?

They cull better than 1 million Kangaroo per year. Need find someone with cull authority.
    Big Black tuskers up north.
    great country
    enjoy
    “Be more concerned with your character than with your reputation. Your character is what you really are while your reputation is merely what others think you are.”

Western Australia! I did a fox shoot at night on my dads cousins farm! Hell of a time! Pit lamping is fun haha

I did the great white shark diving with Rodney fox out of port Lincoln. Could possibly be the best experience of my life.

Water Buffalo in the NT looks great. They also hunt pigs up there. A bit further South into the desert it’s feral camels.

I am very familiar with Australia especially Western Australia, as my wife is from there. Legally very hard to actually pull the trigger on anything native here. But things you can shoot/hunt camels, goats, Buffalo, pigs, scrub bulls (wild cattle), horses, donkeys, sambar deer, hog deer, rusa deer, chital deer (axis deer), red deer, fallow deer, foxes, bunnies, hares, some birds but I know very little about the birds.

Getting a firearm license will be the hard part if you want to do it 100% legal. Best to avoid Western Australia crazy strict gun laws. Northern Territory is good there is Buff, scrub bull, horses, donkeys, pigs, and very few sambar. Victoria has a big Hunting community lots of sambar with hog deer, reds, fallow, pigs in good numbers.

I am pretty knowledgeable on Australia and New Zealand, im currently living working in WA for my wife’s family during harvest here right now. I’d be happy to help you out in any way.

CM

Last year we drove from Perth to Darwin. The Kimberley in northwest Australia is special. We did the Gibb River Road.

Quote Originally Posted by Downwindtracker2 View Post
    Last year we drove from Perth to Darwin. The Kimberley in northwest Australia is special. We did the Gibb River Road.
    I've done two cross-country road trips in Aus. If you drive at night you will meet the wildlife. Good times.....

Get in touch with BARRACUDA.
    If I recall he moved there a few years back.
    “People never lie so much as after a hunt, during a war or before an election.” -Otto von Bismarck
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.-Albert Einstein

Im Australian born and bred. Moved to BC last year. You will have a very hard time legally shooting anything native. Kangaroos can be culled for agriculture purposes but only with a permit. In Victoria where im from its also illegal to have a pit lamp and a rifle bigger than .243 on you. Its ok to lamp pests and rabbits but there is still a massive fair chase act in place.

Obviously you would be able to find a way to do these things but in all honesty the rules are alot stricter bacl home than they are here

Best of luck