Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: illogical blocking of known trail not on private land?

illogical blocking of known trail not on private land?

hey guys,
    upon travelling down a known trail to me in my 4x4 i came across a large birm made only by a bulldozer and just behind it a private property sign with no hunting on it put up.

i looked into the private land maps on google earth and imap bc and although there is private land just south a few meters of this trail (which is fenced off and only an idiot would not fence in all their land), the trail itself is not on private land.

wondering what gives in this situation, it could be crown lease possibly but i can not find any indications of crown lease land on the map for that area.

how do i go about getting this birm removed by whoever put it up (guessing rancher that owns the private land just south) and being 100% certain that this is legal huntable area?

2. Site Sponsor

Re: illogical blocking of known trail not on private land?

Be hard to prove who put it up unless there are hoe tracks from birm to said property. So either bring your own equipment in to remove it or grab a shovel.

I hunted a similar area where there was an old skidder trail that was above some private property. One day there was a private property sign put up. I know for a fact it was not private property but a woodlot. I just tore it down and threw it on the ground. A few days later the sign was back up. This time I took the sign with me. Another sign appeared and I took that one too. Then a third sign got put up. This time I was prepared and took down the sign and put up my own that I made on a piece of cardboard. It read "This is not Private Property, It is a Woodlot. The only thing Im not allowed to do is cut down trees". I never saw a sign posted again.

BHB
    Quote Originally Posted by BiG Boar View Post
    Are you M or F? Might get more takers with tits.

Wouldn't trust google earth if you're only talking a "few meters".

said section of private property is fenced all the way around. the road is not inside of the fencing. on google maps the fenced section is part of the private property. the road is not. is there anyone to talk to to figure out if it is legal hunting grounds or not? CO?

there are a lot of big bucks who roam further down this road and up into the mountain range.

Talk to the Regional District office, planning dept. They are the first authority in line.
    Never say whoa in the middle of a mud hole

Quote Originally Posted by boxhitch View Post
    Talk to the Regional District office, planning dept. They are the first authority in line.
    Have done this before, did a search by district lot number. 3 days later the office sent me a email with the persons name and phone number.
    No one on their death bed ever said; I should have spent more time at work.

So, the sign is on the fenced off property and the road which is clearly outside of the private land has a barricade but continues on past the barricade and outside of the fenced land? Could very well have nothing to do with the landowner and be permanently deactivated by forestry/licensee to relieve road obligations and/or access management for various wildlife regulation requirements. If this is the case, it's not like you can't hunt it if you actually know you are on crown land, just have to hike-in instead of driving. If it has been deactivated for aforementioned reasons, I wouldn't go removing the barricade like others have suggested, it's there for a reason and you could find yourself in hot water with C&E. Should make for a better hunting experience anyways now that everyone and their dog can't drive in anymore and is better for the game pop's.

fozzy is offline hunting 4 a decent Mulie

There was a road/trail like that in the christian valley. It had private property above and below, the trail was crown land/fsr. The rancher didnt like people using the road and said people were hunting along there and shooting his buildings..It was too busy an area so I steered clear anyway

the sign isnt on the fenced off property its on a tree right alongside the road. it did look like a pretty official sign but im sure you can get those from the regional district to put up on your actual land. it is far from a maintained road just a beaten in path from people using it over the years. if it was forestries or the licensee they would have barricaded it right at the road not a few kms into it. Called front counter today their useless dial tones and voicemail service are very annoying however i left a voicemail. I would just take my loader up there but the pile has multiple 1500# boulders in it and is frozen now so would be a lot of strain on my machine. My Main my concern is this was a great spot for me to go for quick evening hunts only a couple kms from my house. I get it totally if it is private land, but from everything i have seen it is crown land and not leased so its really pissing me off

cut a new trail around, go over it...not many birms would keem my sxs out
    WSSBC Monarch
    WSF Life Member
    2% Certified
    RMGA Member
    CCFR Member