Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 3-30/3-31, any suggestions

Re: 3-30/3-31, any suggestions

Quote Originally Posted by white moose View Post
    Could check out big bar area or the jesmond road near kelly lake, south of clinton.
    I cant remember the name of the mountain, but used to hike in off one of the side roads off of jesmond rd. Good mulies, would imagine it might be too snowy for hiking around up high though.
    I hunted the Jesmond road loop Nov 24-28 last year. Lots of snow. Minimal deer sign. The biggest tracks we cut were between Edge Hills and Marble Range. From Jesmond to Clinton (going clockwise on the loop) there was almost no deer sign.
    When we looked off Cougar Lookout near Edge Hills, we saw tons of deer across the Fraser on a farmer's fields. I had the gov't land maps, and it showed private property for that area and the surrounding area. We went back down towards Lillooet and followed the road back up the Fraser on the West side. Saw a half dozen does but no buck sign.

In my post I did not talk about hunting Loon lake, I am just staying there.
    I was thinking about heading up to marble range and I was looking for some information maybe on a spot I could find a white tail buck since it's any buck.

Finding a 4x mule won't be as easy and same with spike fork bull moose.

Quote Originally Posted by Sangstercraft View Post
    I hunted the Jesmond road loop Nov 24-28 last year. Lots of snow. Minimal deer sign. The biggest tracks we cut were between Edge Hills and Marble Range. From Jesmond to Clinton (going clockwise on the loop) there was almost no deer sign.
    When we looked off Cougar Lookout near Edge Hills, we saw tons of deer across the Fraser on a farmer's fields. I had the gov't land maps, and it showed private property for that area and the surrounding area. We went back down towards Lillooet and followed the road back up the Fraser on the West side. Saw a half dozen does but no buck sign.
    Interesting, thanks for that info.
    I think I'll just go explore, that's part of the fun and go see what I can find.

But information like this is always helpful prior to heading out

3-31 is not whitetail country

Ask Jelvis...

Quote Originally Posted by shed-hunter1 View Post
    There's a few in that area actually.

Haney,BC and anywhere you can hunt in BC out of the rain !

I’ve hunted 3-30 for 35 years and just last year seen 3 Whitetails together out by Clinton ???
    My brother has seen a few out by Bonaparte Lake in the last 5 years
    7mm PRC soon to be the most popular cartridge in North America

Quote Originally Posted by shed-hunter1 View Post
    Maybe not major whitetail country, I know of a few that were shot there this season.

Quote Originally Posted by browningboy View Post
    there is deer there, but in a burnt out area who would have the conscious to take one?
    Whats wrong with hunting burns? Or are you just referring to the year of the burn?
    Originally Posted by olympia
    if your worried bout ticks than you aint never been bit by a snake while pissing...try gettin your hunting partner to suck the poison out

It's all about carrying capacity. Really, more deer than usual should be taken out of areas like the elephant hill fire to give the ones that survive the season a better chance of surviving the diminished food supply through the winter. I have zero qualms about hunting deer in there.
    Quote Originally Posted by browningboy View Post
    there is deer there, but in a burnt out area who would have the conscious to take one?
    The measure of a man is not how much power he has, it's how he wields it.