Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 3-30/3-31, any suggestions

Question 3-30/3-31, any suggestions

Heading up towards loon lake for the long weekend with the gf, but since it’s in prime hunting territory I was thinking about taking a drive and a hike into the marble range area one of the days. It’s my last chance this season to get out so I thought why not reach out to some of you folks to see if there’s any info I can get before going out.

Thanks and good luck to those hunting this weekend!

edit, I still have all my tags. Had a rough year so far. No meat in my freezer. Moose, mule and white tail tags.
    edit, post hunting update on page 4!
    Last edited by aamenta; 11-14-2017 at 09:05 AM.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: 3-30/3-31, any suggestions

Could check out big bar area or the jesmond road near kelly lake, south of clinton.
    I cant remember the name of the mountain, but used to hike in off one of the side roads off of jesmond rd. Good mulies, would imagine it might be too snowy for hiking around up high though.

Yeah I was thinking about the power lines by kelly lake road.
    Just depends on snow.

I would love to get something for my freezer!

i know moose is a long shot here, especially since it’s for spike fork only.. but does anyone have any info on moose in the region.

No meat in my freezer. Moose, mule and white tail tags.
    Do you have a good recipe for "Tag Soup"? That's what the wife asks me when I have tags at the end of the season?

Quote Originally Posted by 303savage View Post
    Do you have a good recipe for "Tag Soup"? That's what the wife asks me when I have tags at the end of the season?
    I usually do a trip north for two weeks for elk and moose but this year work got in the way last minute which made me cancel my trip. Now I’m left with all my tags. I’ve been out a lot on weekends too, tons of hiking and exploring. Just a rough year for me. Tag soup it is!

It’s the most expensive soup I’ll make all year

Haney,BC and anywhere you can hunt in BC out of the rain !

Quote Originally Posted by aamenta View Post
    I usually do a trip north for two weeks for elk and moose but this year work got in the way last minute which made me cancel my trip. Now I’m left with all my tags. I’ve been out a lot on weekends too, tons of hiking and exploring. Just a rough year for me. Tag soup it is!

It’s the most expensive soup I’ll make all year
    I'm ok with tag soup as long as I get to go hunting.......it's when I don't get to go hunting and Im making tag soup then I get bitchy ! hahaha

aamenta PM sent
    7mm PRC soon to be the most popular cartridge in North America

Hey weatherbyfan, care to share the info with me as well?

Guys Loon is burnt out, you’ll have to travel some to get some greenery, we’ll I wouldn’t shoot them in a burnt area? Look up the elephant hill fire for extent of burn
    I like drinking beer and whiskey, shooting guns, jetboating, love a nice rack and a tight line, I am simply a sophisticated redneck...

I couldn't tell you the deer populations prior to the burn, but I can tell you that there are still deer around there. It's the perfect time to knock back the populations considering the browse available, and the winter ahead.
    Quote Originally Posted by browningboy View Post
    Guys Loon is burnt out, you’ll have to travel some to get some greenery, we’ll I wouldn’t shoot them in a burnt area? Look up the elephant hill fire for extent of burn
    The measure of a man is not how much power he has, it's how he wields it.

Quote Originally Posted by Whonnock Boy View Post
    I couldn't tell you the deer populations prior to the burn, but I can tell you that there are still deer around there. It's the perfect time to knock back the populations considering the browse available, and the winter ahead.
    there is deer there, but in a burnt out area who would have the conscious to take one?
    I like drinking beer and whiskey, shooting guns, jetboating, love a nice rack and a tight line, I am simply a sophisticated redneck...