Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: 3-30/3-31, any suggestions

Re: 3-30/3-31, any suggestions

Great job!
    I like drinking beer and whiskey, shooting guns, jetboating, love a nice rack and a tight line, I am simply a sophisticated redneck...

Quote Originally Posted by wideopenthrottle View Post
    just an FYI on your scope....when my B&L fogged a few years ago I sent it to bushnell (they bought B&L) to get new seals and a fresh charge of gas...they said it was too expensive to repair and sent me a bran new bushnell scope to replace it....
    Interesting, when the time comes for my scope.. and honestly I hope it never does. This thing has never failed me, I will try that!

What scope did they end up sending you?

Quote Originally Posted by aamenta View Post
    Interesting, when the time comes for my scope.. and honestly I hope it never does. This thing has never failed me, I will try that!

What scope did they end up sending you?
    I think it is a 3500 but my B&L was nothing fancy (scopechief) so definitely an upgrade

Nice buck! Did you go Loon Lake or Jesmond area? I was up Jesmond way and saw a tent by Porcupine Creek and couldn't help thinking: I wonder if that's him?
    Rob Chipman
    "The idea of wilderness needs no defense, it only needs defenders" - Ed Abbey
    "Grown men do not need leaders" - also Ed Abbey

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Chipman View Post
    Nice buck! Did you go Loon Lake or Jesmond area? I was up Jesmond way and saw a tent by Porcupine Creek and couldn't help thinking: I wonder if that's him?
    We literally covered almost all of 3-31 and we saw one deer. There were tracks everywhere, fresh and old but nothing was moving at first light or last light. We hit jesmond Saturday morning and covered lots of the power lines, nothing. Big bar, nothing, white lake had some more fresh sign but as did the top of Hooke road.
    Strange times in 3-31.

oh and by 70 mile there was lots of sign as well, some big buck tracks but nothing showed up.
    We did a mixture of hiking, road hunting/exploring for tracks and sitting/calling.