Thread: What to do? Go for a 4 point in 5-1 or hunt my doe draw 3-46( Wells Gray)

What to do? Go for a 4 point in 5-1 or hunt my doe draw 3-46( Wells Gray)

What to do?

Its been a really slow deer season for me and I've got a free day this weekend to hunt so I want to make it count.

Options #1

look for mature timber close to home at low elevation ( 5-1 & 5-2) and try for a 4 point mule deer. Probably hunt on foot in the timber, not sure if cut blocks are still worth hunting?

Option #2
    Try to fill my doe draw in 3-46? Was thinking of hiking river bottoms and low lands ( only scouted on google earth so far but it looks doable)

Option #3
    Take a drive out past Alexis creek and go exploring back roads on the quad/ hike a little

What area do you think would be the best choice/ use of limited time.

thanks

2. Site Sponsor

Re: What to do? Go for a 4 point in 5-1 or hunt my doe draw 3-46( Wells Gray)

you put in for the doe draw and potentially took it from someone who would have used it...... I would go there for that reason alone...

Quote Originally Posted by 835 View Post
    you put in for the doe draw and potentially took it from someone who would have used it...... I would go there for that reason alone...
    Agreed. Why apply for it if you aren't gonna use it?

Bucks are closed starting on the 10th in region 5

Yep region 5 will be a no go for bucks from the 10th to the 20th.......3-46 doe looks good now doesn't it.

Thanks Chris
    Just looked at the regs. again... feeling sheepish that I missed that, 4 point does't open again until later November.

thanks again.

No problem, enjoy your doe hunt