Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 7-11 moose

7-11 moose

Hunted 7-11 oct 6 this year. Our group harvested 1 bull . we had a draw for 2 bulls . I think the bull was lost, he had a full belly no marks on him and clean horns and lots of fat on him . there was no fresh sign of moose , deer , bear , or even wolves . . Fresh snow for 4 mornings with not a track . We were on foot so not road hunting . There was a lot of hunters there due to an open calf for seniors and immature bulls for everyone . Hunters couldnt figure out why there was no immatures around anymore .
    anyone else hunt this area around Finger lake ,Bobtail area

2. Site Sponsor

Re: 7-11 moose

I have hunted there since early 70's....taken every moose I have shot there except for two......

The landscape has really changed, but the moose are still there....

Been there once in 2010, helped a buddy harvest an LEH bull, there was a 2 point there too that got away. My buddy keeps going back each year, but he also walks into areas that people can't drive and he has no problem finding sign and actual real live moose!!!
    caddisguy "I worry about predators wanting to eat me or bucks trying to take my manhood. "How was your hunting trip honey" ... "wahh I don't want to talk about it... sob ""

Quote Originally Posted by Leaseman View Post
    I have hunted there since early 70's....taken every moose I have shot there except for two......

The landscape has really changed, but the moose are still there....

That's very true, the landscape has changed. There is next to no new logging and what was logged has 20' trees now. Encounters can be close
    We can only be kept in the cages we do not see. @

Was up there also on Oct 7-14 with a LEH draw for Big Bull. Stayed at Fingers, must have been there same time as us. My buddy and I hiked into every lake and swamp around and only saw 1 Cow moose in 7 days. Same thing as you noticed only 1 set of fresh tracks in 4 days of fresh snow and we covered a lot of ground. I'd say they are just not there anymore or they're in the deep bush. I won't be putting in LEH for that area anymore.

"there was no fresh sign of moose , deer , bear , or even wolves", "I'd say they are just not there anymore or they're in the deep bush" haha, sure thing.Tell your friends too. Funny, 7-11/12 id almost consider a gimme for mulies and bears. No shortage of moose and wolves in there too. Its not the area..... Hearing someone say there are no animals in the area too me means "Im a road hunter, i don't go more than 100 yards off the road, I dont pay attention, or I walk to fast and loud". I honestly cannot wrap my head around the no sign/animals comments....crazy!?!?
    Last edited by J_06; 11-09-2017 at 02:48 AM.

i have been meaning to go for a look at 7-15 the Isle Pierre side of the highway. Down around the Finmore road up to Cobb Lake i took my first big bull there back in 1980. i hunted the area for about 10 years always managed to find a moose. the last 10 -12 years have been hunting lower in 5-13 whenever one gets lucky enough to get a draw but have always wondered if 7-15 was still producing or if it is still even huntable

You should be a guide if your not one already .Theres a guide outfit for sale up there . Reason for sale is not much for moose anymore .crazy

Quote Originally Posted by blackhawk19 View Post
    You should be a guide if your not one already .Theres a guide outfit for sale up there . Reason for sale is not much for moose anymore .crazy
    Maybe i should, i spend enough time in there, sounds better than logging for sure. I can literally throw a rock from my yard into 7-12, it 7-11 and 15 are the only places I hunt. I know whats in there and what friends and family take out of there. Not too sure what the guides issues are, lack of moose is most certainly not one of them. Funny, only the out of town guys bitching nothings back in there, crazy......enjoy the last bull out of 7-11 haha
    Last edited by J_06; 11-09-2017 at 08:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by boblly1 View Post
    i have been meaning to go for a look at 7-15 the Isle Pierre side of the highway. Down around the Finmore road up to Cobb Lake i took my first big bull there back in 1980. i hunted the area for about 10 years always managed to find a moose. the last 10 -12 years have been hunting lower in 5-13 whenever one gets lucky enough to get a draw but have always wondered if 7-15 was still producing or if it is still even huntable
    Absolutely, get off the beaten path near the river and your into good area, if a guys able to cruise up the river and or hike some of the more "remote" benches and draws the amount of sign and stuff you see is unreal.
    Last edited by J_06; 11-09-2017 at 08:36 PM.