Thread: Samic sage re-take

Samic sage re-take

Bought a Samic Sage re-curve a year ago...loved it but overdid the draw weight @ 55lb. OK for 6 or so shots then fatigue set in. Sold the bow and then bought another (great bow btw) @ 40lbs .. no problem whatsoever after 55lb for an hour of practice. I now have a target shooting bow and a hunting bow. The penetration of layers of heavy felt cloth I use as a backstop was not far off the 55lb. I am very confident that 40lb is more than adequate for blacktail. Any real life experiences @ 40lb and bt hunting? So some vids on youtube seems to prove 40lb is very adequate. Younger days I hunted whitetails in Ont with 50 lb recurve which did the job on a larger species of deer.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Samic sage re-take

shots lots of blacktails and a couple island bears with a 50 pound recurve when I lived back there.
    nothing wrong with a 40 if its a well placed shot.
    Like anything else accuracy is the key.
    Promoting the sport of Archery and Bowhunting
    NCCP and IBEF Certification

Custom Knives and Game Calls

Quote....."Life's tough......it's even tougher if you're stupid"........John Wayne
    Quote....."It is far better to be alone than in bad company"........ George Washington

Hey SeaScene , no problem on the 40 lb . However suggest two bladed broadheads that have cutting point for best penetration .
    Cheers
    REMEMBER -- Keep Your Fingertab on --

Group Memberships.

Traditional Bowhunters of BC
    Abbotsford Fish and Game Club
    BCWF
    United Bowhunters of BC

Quote Originally Posted by greybark View Post
    Hey SeaScene , no problem on the 40 lb . However suggest two bladed broadheads that have cutting point for best penetration .
    Cheers
    ... thanks for that, a good suggestion, makes sense. I do have some dirt nap 4 blade but thinking I will take that advice.

yup some eskimos or journeymans will definitely do the job
    Promoting the sport of Archery and Bowhunting
    NCCP and IBEF Certification

Custom Knives and Game Calls

Quote....."Life's tough......it's even tougher if you're stupid"........John Wayne
    Quote....."It is far better to be alone than in bad company"........ George Washington

No further input on the broadheads but I have had a pass thru using a 40# longbow (I draw more than 28" so I do get more than the prescribed 40 but still.....)

If you have not already, put a fast flight string on your Sage, massive improvement...... the stock string is garbage

Most Native hunting bows weighed in somewhere around 40lbs draw.