Thread: What rangefinder?

What rangefinder?

With some sales likely coming up in the next few months, I'd like to get a rangefinder. What do you recommend for bow hunting? I'd like to keep a $500ish limit but would prefer to spend less. Looking for something with a red display not black, and angle compensation. But that's about all I've narrowed down as far as features go.
    Cheers!

2. Site Sponsor

Re: What rangefinder?

Killer deal in the buy and sell right now for a sig kilo 2000.
    the seller is a stand up guy...

A Leupold RX 1200 i with TBR is another great archery option. I like my older 1000 a lot. No trouble over 5 seasons.

I have a vortex ranger 1000 and love it. Can’t beat their warranty either

Any of the Sig Kilo's are a good deal, especially the 2000 and 2200, super fast and accurate ranging. Leica's are outstanding as well. Vortex is releasing a couple new models this year so definitly worth giving them a try considering their amazing customer service and warranty!

I use a Kilo850, its great. Lacking some of the higher end features, but it works great at archery distances.
    I only wish it had a backlit display, bit hard to read in the trees sometimes.
    Great low price option though, think I paid $220 at bass pro, has pulled the same numbers as the Leica and Leupold I've compared it to.

I ended up with a ranger 1500. Found a good deal on craigslist. So far its good but I've only had it to the 2D range.

Definitely go through the for sale section on here. Lots of good options. I got a leupold 1000tbr. It's great

I bought a new leica 1600b to repalce my 15 year old bushnell ledgend.Setting up in my yard with measured distances the leica was one yard off at every interval and the old bushnel was spot on every time. This was between 20 and 50 yards.