Thread: Taking my kids near Sunshine Valley

Taking my kids near Sunshine Valley

I picked up tags for pretty much everything. This will be their first hunt (girl 7, boy 4) and was hoping someone on here could point me in a direction near 2-17 or 2-2 that we could drive in, do some short treks and possibly bump into some animals. Not asking for anyone's grade A spots but if you have them near there I may be willing to trade my grade A spot in the interior for Moose and Mullies if we can bag something. Just want them to get started, pack some gear, glass a little but I don't know any areas around Sunshine Valley. Thanks in advance.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Taking my kids near Sunshine Valley

I don't have any suggestions other than venturing another hour or so to the other side of the park, or up the Coquihalla towards Merrit. I really believe your odds of success will increase greatly if you drive a little further. Good luck!
    The measure of a man is not how much power he has, it's how he wields it.

I agree^^^..

Everything is limited and crazy steep where your suggesting..

You have chains for the vehicle and snow shoes for every one?
    He's anything but a hunter.
    More like another, Rain Coast Sociopath Fraud. Living off the prevails of his chronic lies, like the rest of them...

It's an issue, because these sociopath environmentalist's, will dilute the facts.
    To the point you or Joe public, won't know them any more..
    They count on that big time..

don't even slow down until your past manning park
    a bad day hunting is awwwwwwww who cares as long as your hunting.

As much as I would like to travel further, their attention spans are limited and their ability to sit in a vehicle will be maxed by the time we get to Sunshine Valley. I will see how they are, maybe we will proceed further up. Are there spots past Manning? Logging roads etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. E View Post
    As much as I would like to travel further, their attention spans are limited and their ability to sit in a vehicle will be maxed by the time we get to Sunshine Valley. I will see how they are, maybe we will proceed further up. Are there spots past Manning? Logging roads etc.
    Pasayten just past Manning, Placer a bit further or head up the COQ. The snow is getting deep and the roads can be tricky. I headed to Tulameen on #3 Friday AM, no problems. Son In Law came up in the evening said there were vehicles all over the road and the road was very icy. Be careful.

Just got home from the coq in and around Britton creek. TONS of snow and bloody cold. You might do better up Harrison for a quick day trip to keep the little ones interested.
    Take a kid hunting its more rewarding than shooting an animal yourself!!