Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone else have success 3-33f goat leh

Re: Anyone else have success 3-33f goat leh

Goat hunting is no joke. I ate tag soup on my goat hunt on 3-35/36. Much respect to you guys who got it done. That said, I will put in again.
    A conservationist is an environmentalist with a gun.

"Got hunting is is no joke" that's the truth right there. Takes a whole lot of hard hard hiking to get into a lot of these places

Quote Originally Posted by TreeStandMan View Post
    Goat hunting is no joke. I ate tag soup on my goat hunt on 3-35/36. Much respect to you guys who got it done. That said, I will put in again.

It's a fun hunt. Physically more demanding for sure than alpine mule deer. Definitely easier to find goats, figure them out and stalk them. They are not shy. I had goat tags 2016 and this year. Last year I never found a shotable billy, just nannies and young billies. This year I filled my tag in 3-33 on opening weekend. I agree, lots of people put in and get the LEH tag and never go into their zone or if they do expect to drive up in their truck. Unfortunately (or luckily), that is (usually) not the way goat hunting works...

Quote Originally Posted by hickman View Post
    It's a fun hunt. Physically more demanding for sure than alpine mule deer. Definitely easier to find goats, figure them out and stalk them. They are not shy. I had goat tags 2016 and this year. Last year I never found a shotable billy, just nannies and young billies. This year I filled my tag in 3-33 on opening weekend. I agree, lots of people put in and get the LEH tag and never go into their zone or if they do expect to drive up in their truck. Unfortunately (or luckily), that is (usually) not the way goat hunting works...
    you won goat tags in reg 3 two years in a row?!? wtf?

ughhh .... i can't manage 1 in 4 years

Sure, I got lucky with goats but only drew one other LEH in 5 years even though I put in where the odds are really good. I like goats and goats like me

Quote Originally Posted by twoSevenO View Post
    you won goat tags in reg 3 two years in a row?!? wtf?

ughhh .... i can't manage 1 in 4 years

Quote Originally Posted by hickman View Post
    Sure, I got lucky with goats but only drew one other LEH in 5 years even though I put in where the odds are really good. I like goats and goats like me
    super jealous!