Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone else have success 3-33f goat leh

Anyone else have success 3-33f goat leh

Anyone of the other 7 tags out there get to 3-33f success? Sightings? Tag soup? The biologist had suggested that I would probably be the only successful tag holder in this zone based on historical success rates and that I was there opening days

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Anyone else have success 3-33f goat leh

When it comes to leh goat hunts, if they give out 10 tags for a zone... 5 people never even buy a species license.

Of the 5 that do, 3 of them drive around on logging roads until they realize they won't shoot one on the road. The last 2 that actually do hunt usually 1 or none are successful.

Congrats on your success, you've beaten the odds.

lets see him
    WSSBC Monarch
    WSF Life Member
    2% Certified
    RMGA Member
    CCFR Member

These are the exact numbers I figured as well

Quote Originally Posted by ryanb View Post
    When it comes to leh goat hunts, if they give out 10 tags for a zone... 5 people never even buy a species license.

Of the 5 that do, 3 of them drive around on logging roads until they realize they won't shoot one on the road. The last 2 that actually do hunt usually 1 or none are successful.

Quote Originally Posted by ryanb View Post

Hahaha this sums it up perfectly.

It amazes me that people put in for goats and have no intention of going. The zone I hunt goats in has 128 tags given out. In 2014, there was 8-10 goats shot.

Quote Originally Posted by j270wsm View Post
    It amazes me that people put in for goats and have no intention of going. The zone I hunt goats in has 128 tags given out. In 2014, there was 8-10 goats shot.
    People do this for a lot of game. I don't know why. I think it seems like a good idea in May. Then they either forget about it or wait too long to start planning or look into it and realize they don't have that kind of dedication.

Personally I know bison, grizz, sheep and goat LEH winners that never even went out.

$6.30 is cheap enough that people just play regardless I guess .... though for some of these highly coveted reg 3 goat tags it'd be nice if they could be transferred or something. Some units only get like 7-8 tags allocated

Got an LEH goat in 3-33A three days after opening. Agree, a lot of people put in and then never go. Goat hunt is tough - physically challenging. The tougher the better, the fewer people.

Quote Originally Posted by j270wsm View Post
    I think a lot of guys throw a goat or grizz tag in when they are applying for sheep, moose or elk. Them or their party does not get the coveted meat LEH so they dont even bother going just for a goat or grizz tag.

BHB
    Quote Originally Posted by BiG Boar View Post
    Are you M or F? Might get more takers with tits.

Quote Originally Posted by hickman View Post
    Got an LEH goat in 3-33A three days after opening. Agree, a lot of people put in and then never go. Goat hunt is tough - physically challenging. The tougher the better, the fewer people.
    Cool. Congrats. How tough was yours to get? How long was the hike in and out?