Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Snow levels around cache creek

Snow levels around cache creek

Anybody been up deadman rd? Hoping not too much snow in the hills. Usually go up last half of november

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Snow levels around cache creek

Not sure about the snow but a friend of mine just came back last night and said he's never seen so many guys! I guess with Scotty Creek and all the surrounding areas burned out its forced everybody into there. There's an ATV restriction in there and he said it was a parade of trucks back and forth from daylight till dark. I was gonna head in there on Wednesday but I'm gonna rethink that! K

Haney,BC and anywhere you can hunt in BC out of the rain !

I was just at Loon Lake yesterday morning and we had 4 to 5” of snow so I’m sure Deadmans would be similar.
    7mm PRC soon to be the most popular cartridge in North America

Good to hear, Starts getting tough to get around when the snow hits around 12 inches . Might plan to go after long weekend, shouldn't be as busy

I was up the canyon yesterday north of b bar I was surprised there was the better part of a foot of snow already up high and -10 C. There's no signs of a thaw in next week's forecast even down low so looks like winter may be here to stay a month early this year? Unless a pine apple express comes and warms everything up but no sign of that at present.
    its gonna take a life time to hunt and fish all this

Quote Originally Posted by Salty View Post
    I was up the canyon yesterday north of b bar I was surprised there was the better part of a foot of snow already up high and -10 C. There's no signs of a thaw in next week's forecast even down low so looks like winter may be here to stay a month early this year? Unless a pine apple express comes and warms everything up but no sign of that at present.
    After an amazing dinner and a visit with Mr&Mrs Remington Jim in Kamloops.......on my way home it was -20 on the Coquihalla Between Kamloops and Merrit.

Quote Originally Posted by Weatherby Fan View Post
    After an amazing dinner and a visit with Mr&Mrs Remington Jim in Kamloops.......on my way home it was -20 on the Coquihalla Between Kamloops and Merrit.
    Well I guess its the new normal bud... we get summers like southern California and winters like inland Alaska
    its gonna take a life time to hunt and fish all this

Quote Originally Posted by Salty View Post
    Well I guess its the new normal bud... we get summers like southern California and winters like inland Alaska
    Yeh I’ll say 4 days ago we have the air conditioning on with 21 above now -20.....nothing like flicking the winter switch on !

The hills above Savona got 15 inches, settled a couple inches yesterday

I'm out in 3-20 .. 16 inches of snow .. seeing some moose but not many muleys ... it was cold last night... I'll keep at it .