Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: lac le jeune - stump lake hunting

Re: lac le jeune - stump lake hunting

North of Kamloops is tough as well. The wolves are all over the N T. Maybe we need to go to reg 8. Lots of WT there according to some guys here on HBC.

North of Kamloops is tough as well. The wolves are all over the N T. Maybe we need to go to reg 8. Lots of WT there according to some guys here on HBC.
    +1
    Was up there a couple of years ago looking for Immy's . Seen a ton of sign but the animals were holed up tight. Damn near every track had a dog track right on top of it.

The area gets lots of hunters and Lac Le Jeune is either recreation areas or fenced private land (no hunting). Logan Lake, Tunkwa etc., has places to hunt but every hunter and his dog goes there. It is a gong show most weekends. Walloper Lake has fish if they haven't been all caught yet . They stock once a year I am told.

Quote Originally Posted by shortrange View Post
    The area gets lots of hunters and Lac Le Jeune is either recreation areas or fenced private land (no hunting). Logan Lake, Tunkwa etc., has places to hunt but every hunter and his dog goes there. It is a gong show most weekends. Walloper Lake has fish if they haven't been all caught yet . They stock once a year I am told.
    For how much people complain about tunkwa i've never found it THAT busy. We get a cabin at mile high for a few days EVERY year and we see hunters on the roads but once you're even 1/4 mile away you're good. We've only once run into people in the bush, and this includes me hunting whitetails for a day literally down by tunkwa.

If by "busy" people mean they see people out and about, then yes, its busy.

if by "busy" they mean its tough to hunt because people are in all the spots, then no, it's not.

Having said that all the bucks are small and skittish and there's really not that much game up there at all.

Quote Originally Posted by shortrange View Post
    Always someone giving away my trophy trout lakes. WTF? Thanks dude

Quote Originally Posted by twoSevenO View Post
    why would the kamloops guys be hunting SOUTH of the loops where most of the lower mainland guys go? I never understood that.
    Because there are big bucks down that way! And lots of whitetails!

Quote Originally Posted by twoSevenO View Post
    "we" go there because its close to home. If i lived in Kamloops you can bet your ass i'd NEVER hunt anywhere south of kamloops, as far as reg 3 is concerned, that's for sure.
    So I live in Aberdeen, Kamloops. Why would I add 30 minutes to get to the north side of town (total commute to get into hunting area north of town from Aberdeen is near an hour) and face just as many guys and no better hunting, when I can drive 20 min south, east, west of town, to areas that I know well because I live close by, I can scout there often, and they produce for me? When I lived at with my folks on the North Shore I'd hunt out that way. Now, I rarely go north. I'm not going to hunt farther away from home because the Lower Mainlanders are invading the area near me. If they don't like the crowds, they can always drive the extra distance to the north side or region 5, 8, or wherever. Going east seems to get one away from the LMers a bit, but is hit heavily by the Kelowna/Vernon crowd once Region 8 shuts down. Kamloops really is a shit-show of people no matter where you go.

^^^^^ Yes sir!

ain't that the truth

Quote Originally Posted by skibum View Post
    Always someone giving away my trophy trout lakes. WTF? Thanks dude
    Come on, we all know you go to Sheriden......